FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: penn reels? usa versus over seas?  (Read 5136 times)

boondox

penn reels? usa versus over seas?
« on: Feb 11, 2016, 12:03 AM »
I just bought the penn pursuit for around 47.99 times 4 with free shipping for four of them.. any how this is going from quantum optix  op60f  to the purll8000 series....  I do think there better made then the quantum optix's I also have three penn warfare reel in the size 30 I just bought...... is it me or is the older usa made reel better made? or am I just mistaken? I also have a usa made pen 712z and a 209m usa made the usa one's seemed better made then the new over seas reels like the 209m and 309... this is the question for you salt guy of many years have the current  over seas penn reels held up to the test of time like the older usa made ones?   or should I look at another brand? I use mine mostly for fresh right now steel head, salmon, brown trout, and walleye...  but could go to salt at any time might move down south to Florida sooner or later only time will tell ... thanks for any info that can be given...   

boondox

Re: penn reels? usa versus over seas?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 01:01 AM »
just bought 3 penn 209's that were complete junk one of them the screw from the reel foot/stand was sitting in the bottom of the box it was stripped out.. another one there was some thing in the gear box that made the reels gears jam up... on the first crank I ended out returning them to Walmarts were I purchased them... just thought to let you guys know if you get brand new penn reel to inspect them very well.. before you keep them I got 3 penn warfare reel the war30's they seem solid enough... even though the level wind eye is not that strong it is not a bad reel....I have had and still got usa made penn reels that are way better made then the new Chinese counter parts...so inspect what you buy and also check out web site like at link below....

http://www.alanhawk.com/ 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.