FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: It finally happened! New togue record!  (Read 3784 times)

taxid

Re: It finally happened! New togue record!
« Reply #15 on: Jul 13, 2020, 05:17 PM »
I to am curious of its age I’m guessing around 45 years

It think 45 is a stretch although they do live a long time. I'm guessing in the 30 year range.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

filetandrelease

« Reply #16 on: Jul 13, 2020, 05:56 PM »
It think 45 is a stretch although they do live a long time. I'm guessing in the 30 year range.
I know but they have recorded up to 60 years , it was just a stab , and New Hampshire’s fish was 37 and estimated between 50-60

fishinator

« Reply #17 on: Jul 13, 2020, 08:49 PM »
As a taxidermist I can't tell you how many times someone gets an extraordinary size fish (not state record) but the angler lies about where it was caught. I know because they bring the fish to me and tell me the truth. One brought me a monster pike and was laughing his butt off about people headed to the lake he allegedly caught it in.

BTW for the Mass anglers here. Your state record largemouth supposedly came from Sampson Pond. I have word that it was from a different pond in Mass. Do you know anything about that?
so.......how do you know they aren't lying to you too?

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Jul 13, 2020, 09:49 PM »
so.......how do you know they aren't lying to you too?

How did I know that was coming?  ;D

I can tell when someone tells me a fish story having listened to them for 36 years in the business. And I'm very familiar with the local lakes having worked in the fisheries field. Some lakes produce large fish on a regular basis. Some never will.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

iceman260

« Reply #19 on: Jul 14, 2020, 06:19 AM »
Wow great catch, congrats on new record.

RRobert

• cast, mend, drift, hope, step, repeat.
« Reply #20 on: Jul 14, 2020, 10:18 AM »
As a taxidermist I can't tell you how many times someone gets an extraordinary size fish (not state record) but the angler lies about where it was caught. I know because they bring the fish to me and tell me the truth. One brought me a monster pike and was laughing his butt off about people headed to the lake he allegedly caught it in.

BTW for the Mass anglers here. Your state record largemouth supposedly came from Sampson Pond. I have word that it was from a different pond in Mass. Do you know anything about that?
I hear you, but there is a picture of him in the boat with it and he's pretty much where he said he caught it.  I suppose he could have moved to a different part of the lake for the picture, but not everyone is as concerned about revealing a location as some are. 
Every rod has a story, and some of them are true.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #21 on: Jul 14, 2020, 11:26 AM »
I hear you, but there is a picture of him in the boat with it and he's pretty much where he said he caught it.  I suppose he could have moved to a different part of the lake for the picture, but not everyone is as concerned about revealing a location as some are.

Yep, Middle Dam right in the picture. Can't miss it.

woodchip1

« Reply #22 on: Jul 14, 2020, 12:12 PM »
This is getting good .You guys should all be smarter than you sound, the fact is All fishermen are liers  except you and me and I'm not so sure about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seamonkey84

« Reply #23 on: Jul 14, 2020, 01:06 PM »
This is getting good .You guys should all be smarter than you sound, the fact is All fishermen are liers  except you and me and I'm not so sure about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol:
I always say, if someone recognizes the background of a picture, they’ve been there before lol. Then if someone else point out where that is, it’s on them for letting everyone else know. It’s one thing to name the lake if it’s big, but it’s another to tell everyone the spots or area. 
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

stguy

« Reply #24 on: Jul 16, 2020, 08:25 PM »

I got one 37" and 18 pounds last year, the biologist aged it at 35 years old.

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Jul 17, 2020, 03:53 PM »

I wasn't questioning him.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.