FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 3 Brown’s  (Read 1850 times)

fish wayniac

3 Brown’s
« on: Jul 18, 2020, 03:45 PM »
The bite has been a little slow the last 2 outings. Last Sunday I fished from Sean’s boat after heavy rains. The water was dark , we caught 2 Brown’s one at 14” and a 17”. 3 white perch and a big Large mouth.
Today I picked up my boat from the Marine shop. Both motors were tuned and running mint. Of course I had to dunk it in the water. I was on the water by 9 and started trolling using sewn on live shiners. I had a big fish pop the down rigger in the first 10 minutes . I could tell a big fish the way it was holding. I was lucky to land a beautiful 24 inch hook jaw Brown. I released it by the side of the boat and it swam off strong. I had one bite on my lead- core rod but missed it. After a while I switched to lures but that was it.Im on vacation next week so I hope to catch more at the Belgrade camp.

filetandrelease

Re: 3 Brown’s
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2020, 04:09 PM »

Nice catch 👍

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2020, 06:09 PM »

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2020, 07:43 PM »
24 inches is a big brown just about anywhere. Congrats!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2020, 08:53 PM »
Nice fish, Wayne.  More good browns for you.  That 24" one is impressive.  Not counting the Great Lakes, fish like that don't grow on trees 8)

fish wayniac

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2020, 06:19 AM »
Nice fish, Wayne.  More good browns for you.  That 24" one is impressive.  Not counting the Great Lakes, fish like that don't grow on trees 8)
That Brown didn’t come out of the stocking truck this spring . Ha Ha!
It has been in that water for a long time. It had a battle scar on its jaw. It had been hooked before and maybe again. 👍🐟

oatkasut

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2020, 01:02 PM »
Nice catch;good luck next weekend it's nice that you released that beauty to fight again.

MarkNFish

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2020, 07:26 AM »
Very nice fish. 

Steve H.

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2020, 10:19 AM »
Nice brown!  There are some great holdover browns up that way.  I've caught them to 4-5 lbs or so trolling and bass fishing (ripping stickbaits).  I once had a legit double digit fish follow my X-Rap to the boat and turn broadside without striking.  Thought it was a decent pike until it rolled showing it's huge spotted flank.  Almost sh!t myself.  You never know.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

JDK

« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2020, 07:45 AM »
That is a great brown.

# SAND

seamonkey84

« Reply #10 on: Jul 21, 2020, 01:22 PM »
That’s a hell of a brown!
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.