FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing 4th of July Week: Union River Bay  (Read 1791 times)

jmiskey

Fishing 4th of July Week: Union River Bay
« on: Jun 21, 2023, 03:22 PM »
Headed up to Maine for a vacation the week of the 4th of July.  We have a cottage in Surry right on the Union River Bay.  Thinking about bringing the fishing rods and fish from shore there at the cotttages.  Any idea what they catch up there that time of year (Stripers, maybe), and what they use (live bait/artificial lures)?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

fish wayniac

Re: Fishing 4th of July Week: Union River Bay
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2023, 11:37 AM »
I would bring salt water gear. From shore you could cast sabiki with diamond jig for bait. I would think you could catch Mackerel and pollack from shore . If you get bait live line them for Stripers. If no bait around you could throw plugs or fish chunk mackerel, clams or sand worms.
You could also ask any local tackle shops up that way as well.The regulations for a keeper striper is only 28”-31” .  Good luck!

jmiskey

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2023, 05:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply!

Not really looking to keep anything, just catch.  I will have to check to see if there are any bait shops nearby.  Any advice on what types of plugs to use?  I might try to buy some on-line before I go up there.

saltyshores

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2023, 09:06 AM »
There were several striper anglers fishing by the Milbridge bridge on the Narraguagus River Estuary, so some stripers would have stopped off on Union Bay

jmiskey

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2023, 01:39 PM »
Thanks for the info!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.