FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout , Salmon and Stripers  (Read 2281 times)

fish wayniac

Trout , Salmon and Stripers
« on: Jul 09, 2023, 09:13 AM »
The first weekend in July I camped at a remote site on Richardson Lake .  2 of us caught 5 Salmon and a Brook trout over a 2 day stretch. Not as productive like the times in mid May when you might catch 20. Other people that I talked to said it was slow as well. The 2 fish kept sure tasted good along with the venison , pepper and onion sandwiches.

I went out yesterday morning for a solo morning troll. The cloud cover kept the boat activity down and the fish bite on.
I started with brined blue and green smelts sewn on . The first fish was a White perch , Brown and then a Rainbow.
It had been along time since I caught a rainbow so I forgot how fired up they are. I was getting bites in the 20’-30’ depth and next thing I know they would be on top leaping out of the water. I switched over to lures after a while and an orange and black DB smelt worked the best. I ended up catching 2 Browns ,4 Rainbows 3 white perch . I also lost 2 that shook off close to the boat . That was the most productive outing in a long time . All fish were released !

The Stripe Bass bite from shore has been slow for me. The tides have been off the mornings I had time to fish . I could not reach the mackerel and the pollack have even been hard to catch .
I did have a good outing on the ocean on my buddies boat. We found the mackerel and took them to 3 different spots. I caught 4 Stripers that morning. 2 smalls a 34” and a 30” Keeper . The 34” put up a great fight and we each kept one in the tight slot limit. I did an autopsy of the stomach and it was full of small crabs. It was a fun trip .

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Trout , Salmon and Stripers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2023, 09:47 AM »
Nice fish👍👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Stickbait

« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2023, 04:13 PM »
Great report, nice mixed bag!

filetandrelease

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2023, 04:37 PM »

Great day congrats

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2023, 06:32 PM »
Great report, Wayne!  Your usual quality browns and a nice variety of other solid fish 8)

Steve H.

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2023, 07:32 AM »
Wow, you really put 'em in the boat.  Love the multi-species effort.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2023, 01:10 PM »
Ah, Bureau 1, best campsite on the lake, have called it home for dozens of nights myself. Love everything about it EXCEPT for the outhouse location. We called it Mt. Poopashima. Now I'm spoiled and need a place to recharge my trolling motor so I have cruise control and autopilot so no more remote camping for me.

Thanks for sharing your pics and reports!

fish wayniac

« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2023, 01:58 PM »
Ah, Bureau 1, best campsite on the lake, have called it home for dozens of nights myself. Love everything about it EXCEPT for the outhouse location. We called it Mt. Poopashima. Now I'm spoiled and need a place to recharge my trolling motor so I have cruise control and autopilot so no more remote camping for me.

Yes, It’s a good spot to tuck the boat in that cove . The water was really high so that cove grew in size . The frogs were so loud at night ha ha! I hear you about the out houses . South Arm doesn’t do much but collect your $ . I like the remote camping though it’s so beautiful up there.

Thanks for sharing your pics and reports!

franklin fisher

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2023, 10:39 AM »
  Nice bunch of fish.  I camped at South Arm the week of July 4th this year.  My first time ever staying there.  I loved it.  Richardson is a beautiful lake.  I didn't do so hot fishing. Caught one small Brook Trout, two small yellow perch, and a lot of chubs.  I hope to go back next year also.  Maybe try some different tactics.

A couple of people that camped around me had some nice fish they caught.  A couple of guys came back with some nice brookies and another guy and his daughter caught a 5lb togue.  She was absolutely thrilled.

iceman260

« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2023, 01:58 PM »
Nice fish great day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.