MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Jigging

Bucktail jigs

<< < (2/3) > >>

OTIS:
The more you do the better you get.  It doesn't take long to get the hang of it.  Post a couple pics when you get a few done.

walleyechaser:

--- Quote from: OTIS on Jul 26, 2006, 06:48 AM ---The more you do the better you get.  It doesn't take long to get the hang of it.  Post a couple pics when you get a few done.

--- End quote ---

I will but I still suck pretty bad.  Practice makes perfect.  I can't get the bucktail to stay.  It starts falling apart.
I'll get there I have my handy dandy reference guide from xrhino.

xrhino:

--- Quote from: walleyechaser on Jul 26, 2006, 09:55 AM ---I will but I still suck pretty bad.  Practice makes perfect.  I can't get the bucktail to stay.  It starts falling apart.
I'll get there I have my handy dandy reference guide from xrhino.

--- End quote ---
That was just the first result from a "tying bucktail" Google search.  I'm sure if you look, you might find one that is more helpful to you.  I just clicked on the first one that I thought looked good.  I'm also looking for a downloadable vid online but none of my usual sites have anything.  You've got me on a mission.

If all else fails, PM me and I'll find out what you want and tie them for you.  I re-tie bucktail spinners for my muskie fishing friends all the time.

perchgypsy:
sorry to start up a old thread just thought it was easier than starting a new one
new addiction for sure when i get some pics ill post them
what colors do people like for walleye ...
does anyone use marabou for walleye as well??

the jigs up:
My fishing buddy ties all of my bucktails. I give him a 10 pack of jigs and he gives me back 5 beautiful bucktails. I like that deal.

He usually uses coarse hair and always starts off with black. Sometimes he adds a flash of white or chartreuse. He also adds a couple of strands of sparkly flash material.

Last year I caught all my fish on a black head, black hair with white streak. The walleye seemed to love it. I also tip it with a Gulp alive leech or 3" minnow. The fish really do hang onto it.

I suggest you mix it up a bit and let the fish tell you what colour they want.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version