The Fisherman's Wharf > MyFishFinder Polls

Fishing Store's

<< < (2/11) > >>

camo_fish:
Man, this one is a tough one. I llike getting my stuff from Dick's only because I tell all relatives and friends that for gifts I would like a Dick's card. So for birthdays, father's day, and Christmas I get tons of Dick's cards, so I get most of my tackle at no $ out of my pocket and I love it. Plus, Dick's always has great sales, that is when I get most of my stuff. Bass pro and cabelas don't have the sales like Dick's does, but they have more of every color, so I do get stuff from Bass pro and Cabelas, too, and I'm not running up the credit cards.
So for convenience, deals, and no $ out of my pocket, I would have to say Dick's sporting goods.

Bobman:
Since Gander Mountain opened in WNY, I've been geeting most stuff there but I usually go where I get the best prices on what I am looking for.  Basically I shop at all the places on the list and then some. 

Trophy Hunter639:

--- Quote from: Jigwiggler on Jun 30, 2004, 06:52 AM ---I like to buy my tackle from the smaller individual shops.  I'd rather give my dollar to "Mom and Pop" than the large retail chain, usually get better info too.  ;)

--- End quote ---
same goes for me although wally world and C.T for some items.

bigdave1018:
i get mine all over the usa. i have a friend in va that ties all my small hair jigs for me at a fraction of the store costs. i went to biglots in mattydale when they ist opened and bought 1000 gold and bronze size6 aberdeen hooks. they were marked 50 for 50 cents. tom mann brand too. my bobbers i usally pay cost for like everyone else. i get my plastics bulk like small tubes and some twisters. i like to buy enough so that im not persuaded to go into the higher priced stores and usually enough so that im all set on tackle for years to come. i just started buying my jig hooks bulk [ 28.00 per 1000 delivered] and make my own using small round sinkers and crimp them on using pliers. hey it  works for me. i can make them up for around 3 cents each. i was paying up to a quarter apeice!!!!!!!!! no more.

TimC1086:
As a 17 year old kid, i cant afford to pay 7.49 for a rapala at an independently owned tackle shop taht i can get at k-mart for 5.49... i wish i could, but thats just too much of a difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version