FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bullhead baits  (Read 7116 times)

88fishing

bullhead baits
« on: Aug 31, 2011, 05:57 PM »
what does everyone use for bait i love catching them when the bass arnt biting. i have used night crawlers, frogs(dead and alive) cut sunfish(hard to keep turtles from taking the bait first) shinners, fallfish, just trying to find some diffrent baits to try if anyone has any tips lets hear them

5 X Master Angler

• Here fishy, fishy, fishy!
Re: bullhead baits
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2012, 02:09 PM »
We were catching them on shrimp.

fontona19

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2012, 05:38 PM »
I think they will eat just about anything. When I was young we used to use chicken livers. We would leave them out in the sun for a few hours before sunset to let them ripen.  ;D

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2012, 08:40 PM »
I catch most of the bigger cats on chicken livers, and iv found that other livers and organs from livestock and game works as well. I knew of an old dairy farmer who used to sew bricks into whole cow stomaches and use it as chum and used pieces for bait. It would cum fish in for weeks!

fontona19

« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2012, 02:24 AM »
I catch most of the bigger cats on chicken livers, and iv found that other livers and organs from livestock and game works as well. I knew of an old dairy farmer who used to sew bricks into whole cow stomaches and use it as chum and used pieces for bait. It would cum fish in for weeks!

In need of some proof reading.  ;)  :laugh:

monkeyman2269

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2013, 04:43 PM »
Any one use crickets? Ive got some to big for my lizard

jones-in-vermont

• I heart toothy fish
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 06:59 AM »
i like nightcrawlers. they never fail and are easy to obtain. but if im feeling ambitious, ill go to the outflow of the pond i live next to, and collect some large crayfish. then, when its time to bait the hook (squeamish people may not like this part) crush the crayfish's body to kill it. then pull off its tail, (the meaty yummy part) and break some of the shell off it to expose the meat, but leave a little on to keep it on the hook. bullpout and jumbo perch will hammer them.
><)))))))}\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'<         ><)))>    ><))><br />                                      ><))>      <br />                                ><))>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.