MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Jigging

Cleaning jig eyes. Any tricks?

<< < (2/6) > >>

waterwolf603:
I use a jig buster it looks like line clippers but with a point in the middle on one side and a hole on the other side that the point fits in when you press it down, works great.. I never knew they made em until this year.

draketrutta:

--- Quote from: reeleyz on May 16, 2012, 07:06 AM ---I always use the point of a hook. That works good for me.

--- End quote ---

X2 - easy peazy multi-purpose tool

- without the need to have yet another Fishermen's tool...

OneBucketMike:

--- Quote from: Munson on May 16, 2012, 08:01 AM ---If you take a sharp nail clipper,  push it over the eye of the hook to the shank, just below the eye.   Squeeze it and twist the the clipper a half circle in each direction.   This usually loosens up the paint over the eye.  Sometimes, a light snip right across the hook eye is needed to flake the paint away.     Saves the points on your hooks and leaves a clean eye.

--- End quote ---

Probably a good way to ding up a sharp nail clipper. Probably fine if you don't ever try to clip your nails with it. Cya....

dewey:
i have alot of jig heads that i powder coated and hardend in the oven before clearing the eyes and they are pretty much useless. Sometimes the point of another hook will clear them out but if it dont clear out easily then i put them asside and dont use them. Now i make sure they are cleaned out real good before baking them.

wnybassman:
Yep, clean before baking.  Even then if the powder is too thick it will still run and clog the eye while baking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version