MFF US Midwest > Indiana

3-15 Lk George

(1/1)

hardysf:
nelson and I got out on George today to try for some crappie and last day of season pike. Was a complete miss on the crappies. With the wind, couldnt get the action we wanted with our little jigs. Not even one bite, so we decided to try and get into some pike. Coulpe of casts later we had 2 17+ inch bass in the boat, and couple of misses and two follows. Bite died down and we were on our way home. Right before putting the boat up we decided to cast in the hole in front of the access. Low and behold 3 pike within about 25 minutes. Nothing to brag a bout, prolly a 19, 22, and 25. But still got some pike notheless. All fish were released. I caught all my fish on a Rat-l-trap. nelson caught his bass on an X-rap, and his pike on a Rat-l-trap. 2 bass and 3 pike. Not too shabby for a 2 and a half hour adventure.

Bigbass101:
Pretty darn good if you ask me.

ice dude:
Sounds like you guys did good for only being out a couple of hours. keep it up.

yogi:
Hardy did you go where we ice fished at.  That is usually a hot place for crappie ice off.  There is another hot spot on the indiana side for ice out crappie.  I got 25 crappie the last two days.  I took today off.  I love the cold weather.  I get the lakes to myself.  Both limits of crappie came off Michigan lakes.  One being Coldwater.  The other being Coldwater.  I am going to try to different lakes next week.  Hardy call me if you want to meet up.  I am going to go out Monday and Tuesday more then likely.

Yogi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version