MyFishFinder By Species > Walleye

Walleye lures

(1/3) > >>

chris458wm:
I never fished for Walleyes before and want to get some lures but don't know what does or doesn't work.  What do you guys have luck with?

Bosco:
Large stick baits of the Rapala variety along the shoreline at night is the ticket for me come opening day (night) this weekend. I don't much care about colors or patterns so long as there's a dark back and a bright belly. There's a start for you. You can troll them with a bottom bouncer out deeper in the daylight. Then, colors and patterns become more important to me.

Good luck!!

danny b:
I get 99% of mine on lipless crankbaits. Rapala rip n rap and the strike king red eye shad

appleye:
Shad raps, walley divers, flicker shads.

Water Wolf:
Hi chris458wm,
When I fish from shore for walleye, I like to use fairly heavy baits so I can cast farther. Three good ones for me have been 4" - 5" swimbaits like Storm Wildeye Swimbaits or similar type and small to medium sized spoons like, Len Thompson, Pelican Spoons, Blue Fox strobe spoon, PK Flutter fish or little Cleos. Single or double tail grubs are also effective.

If I am in the boat the same lures work as well as various rattling crankbaits, like the Storm Hot & Tot rattle, Bomber Long A, Berkley Flicker Shad and similar rattling cranks.
If all the other techniques are not working I then will try a bottom bouncer and a 3' - 5' section of line with a tied spinner rig and usually tipped Berkley Gulp Alive minnow, worm or leech.

As for colors the sky's the limit but I do go with brighter colors most of the time. I do sometimes use darker colors on darker days or near sundown.

Hope this helps. :)

WW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version