FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I've created a monster  (Read 1711 times)

Doubles Shooter

I've created a monster
« on: Jul 01, 2022, 05:13 AM »
My grandson/fishing partner had his 9th birthday yesterday. He loves fishing and recently moved up to spinning gear from his push button reel. He has been using my rods, so my wife and I got him his own rod, tackle bag, glasses, and a few lures. You would think he hit lotto with the grin he had. He and his sister spent the night with us last night. We spent 3 hours in the yard casting till it got too dark to see. He kept saying 1 more cast. Finally got him in bed by 11:00.
He woke up at 12:30 saying he had to use the bathroom, but he spent more time telling me how he can't wait to go fishing. I got him back into bed. At 2:30 he comes out again but this time he started talking about his lures and wanted to know what the green one caught. I said bass and go back to bed. I'm up by 4:30 most days. I was in my den on line when he came down again saying he smelled pop tarts. I gave him 1 and sent him to bed again. My wife just came down and said he woke her 3 times saying it is getting light out. It's now 6:07am. He just shot out the door to practice casting again. Too funny.
Well, off to the lake in a bit. to catch the bit one.

To top it off, his sister turns 13 next week. She wants an outfit of her own too. Here we go again.
This is him with a smallmouth I caught a couple days ago.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: I've created a monster
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2022, 05:50 AM »
Very nice..👍👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

iceman260

« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2022, 05:54 AM »
Teach them young,they will be great fishing partners.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2022, 06:15 AM »
The little monkey just hit my tackle box for close to $300.00 worth of Rapalas and other lures. That's ok. Now I have room to buy more.

Bartman44

« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2022, 07:22 AM »
Sounds like he's hooked. Great mentoring. Get him some glow in the dark lures for his bedroom. 

Johnnh

« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2022, 07:33 AM »
Great story - building memories.
Congrats to him on that nice smallmouth

Reminds me of my sons first spinning rod and reel. He slept with it

modeler

« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2022, 11:16 AM »
I know what you mean. My 9 year old grandson just visited from Texas and is to fishing.  Every morning “can we go fishing “ and yes I took him. Sad that he is now home in Texas. This is him with a 14 inch bass.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2022, 11:50 AM »
I know what you mean. My 9 year old grandson just visited from Texas and is to fishing.  Every morning “can we go fishing “ and yes I took him. Sad that he is now home in Texas. This is him with a 14 inch bass.

Good job. It's fun with the young ones.

My guy was sleeping in the truck 5 minutes after we left for the lake. Spent 4 busy hours on the water
 He's out again.

First fish with his new rod.

modeler

« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2022, 02:14 PM »
That’s how you know he had fun

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2022, 05:05 PM »
He's being a little bear trying to wake him up from his nap. He told his grandma he is dreaming about fishing. Too funny.
It takes me back 60 years to my grandparent's cottage. I still remember closing my eyes and seeing my bobber in the water and hearing the waves on shore as I fell asleep.

Modler, I hope you get to spend more time with your little man. They are at a great age to be with.

iceman260

« Reply #10 on: Jul 02, 2022, 07:09 AM »
Building memories that will never be forgotten, my fondest memories are of fishing with my grandparents.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.