FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Electric filet knife  (Read 15607 times)

Special

• Who wants to go fishing!!!
Re: Electric filet knife
« Reply #30 on: Mar 19, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Ok then. I need the best knife to buy. I almost bought one but thought nah. I just felayed 75 perch and I am buying a electric knife. Witch one is the best in your opinion. I'm going to be buying one this week. Witch brand is the best?
No one left behind  

icin_eyes

« Reply #31 on: Mar 20, 2012, 06:38 AM »
Ok then. I need the best knife to buy. I almost bought one but thought nah. I just felayed 75 perch and I am buying a electric knife. Witch one is the best in your opinion. I'm going to be buying one this week. Witch brand is the best?

Read back through the posts there are several suggestions. I'm with RG on the Hamilton model though.

surflizard

« Reply #32 on: Mar 20, 2012, 07:22 AM »
I've been looking over the new Rapala Lithium Ion cordless knife, it is getting some real good reviews on the panfish sites !

eyehi

« Reply #33 on: Mar 20, 2012, 09:08 AM »
I've been looking over the new Rapala Lithium Ion cordless knife, it is getting some real good reviews on the panfish sites !

how much is the rapalla ?
Budweiser pro staff

surflizard

« Reply #34 on: Mar 20, 2012, 09:29 AM »
I saw it at wally world for $68.00.

HydroGuy

« Reply #35 on: Mar 20, 2012, 10:09 AM »
I second the Rapala line of electric knives. The model I purchased has zipped through a ton of fish, and I haven't had any issues.

eyehi

« Reply #36 on: Mar 21, 2012, 09:13 AM »
there is a nice review of the rapalla and berkley battery operated fillet knives in this months outdoor news.....the berkley won by a hair but both knives seemed well liked
Budweiser pro staff

filetandrelease

« Reply #37 on: Mar 22, 2012, 07:12 PM »

why spend so much ? my B & D has done 1000's of perch and eyes for $10.00 just curious

threeten

• I fish,therefore,I lie!
« Reply #38 on: Mar 22, 2012, 08:01 PM »
my mister twister is still strong,after hours of filleting.  not bad on the budget either! ;)

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #39 on: Mar 24, 2012, 09:21 PM »
just used my rapala electric knife on some perch. worked great, can't wait to try it on some walleye .

BIGCREW

« Reply #40 on: Mar 25, 2012, 12:19 AM »
I have a rapala filet knife but I have never used it to do fish,the reason I havent used it is because I think that by cutting through the rib cage would be very messy being that you cut through the belly,when I use my regular knife I get all the meat and the guts stay in the fish,so I guess Im asking a question,is it messy using the electric knife or is there a way of doing it so you dont disturb the guts?

russwagnerford

« Reply #41 on: Mar 25, 2012, 10:00 PM »
I have a rapalla.  Works great on walleye, struggle with it when I try to use it on perch. I feel like I waste to much of the fillet on perch, maybe just me..

pruville

« Reply #42 on: Mar 26, 2012, 05:17 AM »
Buy a Hamilton Beach at Wally World for $15.00. Mine has cleaned innumerable fish and it keeps on ticking like a Timex watch. You can even carve your Thanksgiving turkey with it ;D

RG
do you cut around the rib cage or through it ?

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #43 on: Mar 26, 2012, 06:24 AM »

I have the berkley lithium, and so far it's been awesome from lakers to perch and crappie

skbx3

« Reply #44 on: Mar 28, 2012, 09:36 PM »
I just used my Rapala this past weekend on a nice mess of perch. It has  to be approx. 10 yrs. old and still works like new.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.