FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Electric filet knife  (Read 15605 times)

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
Re: Electric filet knife
« Reply #60 on: Apr 26, 2012, 11:04 AM »
Electric knives work fine on big fish, too.

"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

kevs

Re: Electric filet knife
« Reply #61 on: Apr 26, 2012, 06:56 PM »
 After reading all the post about electric fillet knives I finally decided to give the American Angler I bought for butchering deer a try on fish. It did make a diff in the amount of time it took to fillet the crap's, walleyes and smallies I had caught. I didn't do as others say they do by cutting thru the 'guts' and smearing 'waste' on the meat (the reason why I did not use the electric fillet knives), but did about the same as I do w a regular fillet knife. I'll admit it is quicker, no lost time sharpening in between,  and does take a lot less effort than a knife does. I did not see much diff in the amount of meat saved or wasted. The fish didn't complain much or express any opinion of which they thought were the better of the two methods ;D. So for those of you who butcher your own deer, the electric knives do work great. And, I decided to purchase a Mister Twister electric fillet knife for the fish. Thanks to those of you who gave your opinion.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.