FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tackle Control  (Read 2474 times)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Tackle Control
« on: Apr 05, 2012, 07:31 PM »
Tackle Control.... I have no control over the tackle, that's the problem.

My main tackle bag is 70lbs, contains 13 of the larger Plano boxes and 4 of the smaller ones. There are several large pouches of soft plastics too. It is getting crowded, and I want to dip my toes into more bass oriented cranks. I gotta break this cow up into a few sections before I wreck my back lifting it. I've already split my catfish stuff off and I'm glad I did, but none of the catfish stuff seems to cross into another form of fishing.

My problem with breaking up the big tackle sack is that most of it crosses over! I use panfish stuff for walleye and bass, walleye stuff for bass and panfish, bass stuff for pike, pike stuff for bass, and the list goes on and on. It seems like no matter how I split the stuff up, I end up hauling multiple boxes with! The reason I have the monster bag in the first place is my failed attempts to manage more than one box.

How do you guys with massive piles of stuff do it!!??

fishhunter22

Re: Tackle Control
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2012, 07:24 AM »
i have the same problem. all i can saw its a ticking time bomb before back problems occur. i started seperating tackle not by species but top producers of each species into a little 4 drawer tackle bag. because really i only have a few lures i use primary for each fish, typically. BUT there are days fish dont want those particular one. I MAKE THEM WORK. theyre old faithful lures. i change speed or retreive or ill even twitch a deep crankbait on top for some top water action.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2012, 09:02 PM »
I have an A.D.D. style of fishing. I keep messing with stuff till it does exactly what I want it to. I would rather leave my shoes at home than not have the stuff I want at my fingertips. I am thinking that maybe I could start buying doubles of some of this stuff so I can have one in more than one bag. I already have multiples of some of my super hot stuff. I bet I had 6 bright orange 3/4 ounce rattlin rapalas at one point. I think I am down to my last one again! ;D

Ice Beard

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2012, 08:15 AM »
Good Morning,

This is what I have done.  Without exaggeration, I probably have 25 or 30 Plano 3600 series tackle containers.  I bought one of those little label makers and I label all the boxes so I know exactly what is in there...for example (J-13's).  Then when I am going out for a particular species...I just select the containers that house the types of lures that I will need for that day.  That way I am only carrying six or eight containers around in the boat.  I simply cant stand having my boat with too much stuff in it.  The only down side is being forced to stick to the targeted species for that day.  But that is part of the challenge I guess.

Cheers,
Ice Beard
Charter Member of Team Ice Muffin: (2012 - Present)
Team Ice Beard: (2011 - Present)
Faculty Advisor: Alfred State Anglers (2006 - 2009)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2012, 10:14 PM »
I think you are right.... I went after crappies today, I used some bobbers, jigs, bobber stops, and a pliers to unhook a 35'' pike. ;D

For what I used, I could have taken 3 3600 boxes and been good. I think I just need a smaller bag and think ahead a little.

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2012, 07:49 PM »

I have no control my ice bag now goes 10 lbs + and the crank baits boxes for the boat  fill a large tote , and when i go fishing i end up using about 10 different lures  ??? but i have buds that make me look cheap , guess I'm doomed and in need of a shrink

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.