FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Resi updates  (Read 3674 times)

bigr

Resi updates
« on: Nov 27, 2023, 11:17 AM »
It's that time of year again. Levels are near winter pool and water is in very good shape color wise. The bite at all the usual places on both Resi's has been excellent the past week or so and seem to be getting better.  Jigs popped under a bobber is first choice. color doesn't seem to matter but go with what your confident in. Yesterdays weather shouldn't have any effect on conditions. Might actually freeze up tonight in spots. The resi's are always the first to freeze for what ever reason but should be good by weekend. Size is different each day and different times. Alot of keepers and an equal amount of throw backs. 

Daybreak

Re: Resi updates
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2023, 04:02 PM »
Thanks for the report, Big R. You always seem to let us know when we need the info the most. I was thinking of heading that way later this week to check out hunting areas, but may throw a pole in the truck too.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2023, 05:21 AM »
Better hit the south shores the next few days. Missy locations include red bridge boat launch cove, the south shore under red bridge,listen creek cove. On the sally i would be on south shore at 105 or the beach in lost bridge west camp ground. Possible the Dora boat luanch might have the winds at your back. Good luck all. Take advantage of this warm spell.

Jig_Head

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2023, 12:46 PM »
Better hit the south shores the next few days. Missy locations include red bridge boat launch cove, the south shore under red bridge,listen creek cove. On the sally i would be on south shore at 105 or the beach in lost bridge west camp ground. Possible the Dora boat luanch might have the winds at your back. Good luck all. Take advantage of this warm spell.
Thanks for the updates. Have you noticed a better bite in the mornings or in the afternoons after the sun warms the water a bit?

bigr

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2023, 01:25 PM »
To me it seems like the mid part of the day starting 9-10 am to 3-4pm is as good as first or last lite.

Jig_Head

« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2023, 04:22 PM »
Awesome thanks. I only go once a year. Was thinking about tomorrow

bherr24

« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2023, 10:51 PM »
I tried missy last sunday in some nasty conditions. Water up by red bridge looked a bit dirty but could see the mud line stopped just a bit west of the bridge. Decided to fish up by slocum in cleaner water. The downside to that was i had 20 mph winds blowing right in my face. Caught probably 20 fish or so a lot of small ones. Supposed to be upper 50s tomorrow..windy again but im planning to try it. Probably will hit red bridge area this time. Colder weather coming back for sunday so it will be back to deer hunting then.

Jig_Head

« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2023, 08:18 PM »
The wife and I made the drive over to Sally yesterday. I'd say we caught 25 or 30 but only kept 11 good ones. Here's a couple pics of each of our biggest ones

abishop

« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2023, 06:21 AM »
Nice pics. Thanks, for sharing.

bherr24

« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2023, 02:19 PM »
Fished all over red bridge marina area yesterday with a buddy. 5 hours we caught maybe 20 fish total and only 4 keeper size. Couple other guys around us had same results.....slow.

bigr

« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2023, 04:52 AM »
Fished both resi Friday/ Sat. Caught alot of smaller fish. Sally had a few hrs that produced some big fish but i missed the time slot. Been doing very well on missy at 550 for size but last couple trips nothing but small fish. Thats the way it goes and thats what keeps me coming back. I'll get out again this coming friday.

rivereddy

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2023, 06:58 PM »
I made the drive up Friday afternoon.  The lake is at winter pool and the flow at the tail out was similarly low.
My choices were limited as I've got a bum foot and uneven footing makes it quite unhappy.  I picked up some
minnows at Woodies and fished the seam between the channel and a backeddy some distance down from the dam.
I fished about an hour and managed 3 eater sized white bass. A couple of eagles overhead rounded out the show.
I next drove over to the Francis Slocum ramp but the steepness of the bank didn't look too appealing.  A couple of
guys there said they hadn't had any luck yet.  Lastly, I drove over to Red Bridge. They must have been catching
fish there because there were a fair number of anglers there. Again, babying my foot I didn't go down to the
water.  The good news is I did catch my "December" fish.

fish on,

rivereddy

bherr24

« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2023, 06:41 PM »
I tried missy again yesterday afternoon. Fished north side at the dead end road area. I caught 2 nice slabs the first 15 minutes then went over an hour without another bite and called it quits. From reports i seen on facebook sounds like red bridge was hot. I seem to pick the wrong spots everytime i go any more. Im off work till the 4th starting on wednesday. Weather looks decent ill probably try again wednesday after im done hunting.

bigr

« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2023, 06:13 AM »
I made it out both Friday and Saturday at 550 on the Missy. Bite for me was consistent. Not fast but never really stopped. Sorted thru a lot of small fish but managed each day to bucket a mess of 11 to 13 inchers. Biggest for the weekend was a 131/2 black. For Anyone that was there i was the guy sitting in a lawn chair at the cliff. The word I received while fishing from guys at other locations sounded like a very similar bite. That includes the spots on the Sally. Weather doesn't look bad starting on Wednesday so I hope to get out again on Friday and Saturday. After that if the weather predictions hold true we might see some ice after first of year. Anyone see a guy fishing in a lawn chair say hello. Always enjoy sharing stories with other fishermen.

bherr24

« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2023, 08:12 PM »
Finally hit a nice mess this afternoon at Missy. Tried red bridge first and caught 4 good ones pretty quick along with a few small ones. The bite shut off quick though. Packed up and headed down resi a bit and finally found a good bite. Left with 20. No giants most were about 10 inches had one that was close to 13. Pretty good day today i shot an 8 point buck with my muzzleloader this morning and was catchin fish this afternoon. I may even try to catch a few more tomorrow since im off work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.