FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lk Michigan perch  (Read 776 times)

PEARCHEYES

Lk Michigan perch
« on: Feb 17, 2024, 03:47 PM »
Would like to try perch out of portage.Are they getting them now and when and what do you have to watch for .I know you have to have a realistically calm day.Ive got a 16 ft Crestliner deep v boat which I think would be capable of heading that far out.Any help much sppreciated

bigr

Re: Lk Michigan perch
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2024, 01:26 PM »
I just got pictures from a friend on the lake right now. Three of them limited out on monster perch in less than two hrs. The place he calls the hole. Small boats in the back ground. Get while the getting is good.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2024, 08:16 PM »
I have never launched out of portage any help appreciated and also a bait store in area

LundProv

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2024, 09:32 PM »
The best bait shop in the area if Slez in Lake Station.  This is located just south of interstate 94 off of highway 51.  Richie is very fair and his shop is loaded with bait and more.  As far as launching out of Portage, you are looking for the Portage Marina.  I think it is $10 to launch and the launch is very good.  Parking is a short walk and good exercise up the hill from the boat launch.  You motor from the ramp to the Burns Ditch and head north to the lake.  It is a short ride down the ditch to Lake Michigan.  Once you are on the lake, you head out 6 miles northwest from the mouth of the ditch and typically, there will be a flotilla of boats in the area.  Do not be afraid to slowly cruise around with your electronics until you find a herd of perch.  The common techniques will work.  Enjoy...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.