FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Jigging Mode on Helix Series  (Read 2658 times)

bassin212

Jigging Mode on Helix Series
« on: Oct 23, 2020, 10:17 AM »
So i'm looking to buy a Helix 5 DI for my bow mounted trolling motor. I'd like to be able to use "jigging mode" when targeting Lakers, white perch, etc. That paired with spot lock will be phenomenal I think. I currently have a Helix 7 SI G2 GPS and I have done all the software updates and that unit doesn't have jigging mode? Does anyone know if/what model of Helix 5's have jigging mode enabled? If the price is right I prefer an Helix 5 with GPS, but not a deal breaker if it doesn't. thanks!

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
Re: Jigging Mode on Helix Series
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2020, 11:32 AM »
I don’t know know about the 5. But saw what you said about your 7. Are you talking about the ice flasher mode??  My 7 SI GPS Chirp G2 has the ice flasher mode, and works great!!
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

bassin212

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2020, 12:42 PM »
I should have been more specific. I also use mine for ice fishing and love it! but I believe you can only use that with the ice ducer. Here is what I am referring to in regards to open water.

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2020, 02:07 PM »
Gotcha!! I’ll have to check mine!! Not remembering seeing jigging mode, but haven’t specifically looked for it!!
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

PikeKing23

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2020, 02:36 PM »
I also have a Helix 7 G2 SI and found out today that only the G2N models are compatible with 360 imaging.   >:(
Only reason I bought it.  Bummed to say the least.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2020, 08:03 PM »
Guys if you turn your chart speed up to as fast as it will go and you'll be able to mark your jigs better and watch the fish react in closer to real time.  Or just throw a ps22 on your trolling motor and call it a day. Bassin I'm pretty sure that unit has a flasher mode.  Use that.  Also its worth mentioning I jig off the stern (lots of .  I use a combo called laker slayer which is panoptix off the bow and the flasher mode off the stern. (Two separate ducers).

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2020, 12:14 PM »
What's a ps22?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bassin212

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2020, 05:09 PM »

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2020, 07:27 AM »
What's a ps22?

Garmin panoptix transducer. 

JMZ

« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2021, 02:37 PM »
You can try enabling RTS on your sonar. This should show the depth of your jig.
Milita Member of Iceshanty.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.