FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: not suposed to fish  (Read 2831 times)

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
not suposed to fish
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:38 AM »
have any of u been out there on the water and so much crap is happening to u that u feel like your just not suposed to fish that day. any stories would be great

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
Re: not suposed to fish
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:42 AM »
ill start it off just the other day i was going out in my canoe that has a motor on it. and normally it works just fine. but on that day at first i couldnt get the motor started. then once i finally did about a half hour later about 2 minuts into my trip a guy waked me and i ended up flipping my canoe. man that water was cold! so finnally i get my boat onto shore and go out swimming for all my gear. i end up getting lucky and find most of it. only lost about 20$ worth of gear which i didnt think was too bad for what i could of lost. well when i got everything back to normal and the boat flipped right side up i decided i shouldnt waste the day and tried to go fishing again. well another bad move. the same thing happened and it was the same guy who waked me! luckly this time i was close to shore. i decided to give up and head home

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 09:45 AM »
You mean like when on your first cast the top half of your pole flies off your line snaps and you reach to grab it and your watch catches the end of your pontoon float and it becomes a race to see which one will sink faster?

nope never happened to me ;D ::) but if it did id probally just go in
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

Deposit

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 10:16 AM »
How about drive to the launch and you look in your mirror to see smoke comming from your boat trailer, as the wheel guard broke and fell against the tire on the trailer, after pulling over and fixing it you go to actually launch the boat and realize that one of the hub buddies have fallen off exposing the baring. At that point you say F@#$ it and launch the boat anyway. have some some fishing (after the thunderstorm rolls through) load the boat up and realize THEN that one of the trailer tires is now flat! (yep and I was a dufus who when without a spare too), Go to the Marina store to by a 50 dollar rimmed tire and have your truck stuck in four wheel drive!!!! (I did not know about the backing up maneuver at the time). Finally get back to the boat on the trailer left at  the launch, fixed the tire drove home only to discover that some one stole your trailer plate with the new registration sticker on it!!

spoonfed

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 11:42 AM »
 how about drive an hour from home on a sunday and launch the boat, park the truck and go to connect your gas line to the motor only to find the connector is broke.  load boat back up and drive an hour to a store (the only open one)get the part and fix it. not 5 mins after fixing it it starts to pour.just cut my loses and go home.3 hours wasted.

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

Fishingking

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 12:29 PM »
Yep had a day where my Motor was acting up on the previous trip. I still needed to go fishing so I went. The motor wouldnt start so I drifted across the lake. When I got to the otehr side the motor still wouldnt start. Took me 2 or 3 hours of constant rowing with plastic paddles to paddle my way the mile back across the lake into the wind. I was going to go swmming which would had been faster but it was May and the water was still very very cold. Needless to say I shouldnt  had been fishing that day.
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 02:37 PM »
just last weekend, had a terrible saturday. I slept on it, got out in the morning, specifically said to myself, mayb today will be better. Take my first cast, right into a tree. I said ok ill be patient and pull the boat under it to get my lure if it falls. I do so the line break the lure falls right in the boat. I said ok thats a start, picked the lure up hit my hand on the edge of the boat and dropped it in the water. I said mayb i should go back in.......

Fishing is life

MIRC!

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 08:22 PM »
About 15 years ago, I wanted to try a new spot on a river we fish for trout all the time.  It's a big/deep hole that looks good - on a big river.  We park and start walking to the hole just as a couple of guys in a canoe come down the river and turn over right in the middle of the hole.  The spend the next 20 minutes trying to fish out their gear - but leave most of it behind because it's very deep.  We wait another 15 minutes or so for the hole to calm down and then start to wade in to fish.  I get to about my waist and slip and go in before I can make a cast.  Waders full of water.  In the end, it was worth it.  We have caught a ton of trout there since then.

Another - we were on a trip to Canada - a fly in place.  We had no access to stores for the week.  The second day, a bear ate all of the food in a cooler outside - we kept it in a cold spring.  This bear ate ham, bacon, butter, PB & J, eggs, you name it.  The bear even punctured all of the cans of coke we had.  It must have liked the taste.  We ate fish all week with not much else.  Lucky for us the fishing was good.

fishboy

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 08:47 AM »
I still needed to go fishing 

I love that I needed to go  thats great I'll have to try that one with my wife, "but honey, I need to go! :thumbup_smilie:"
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 09:17 AM »
not to many really bad experiences fishing other then the dreaded "lot full" sign at your favorite public lake.

but i went out duck hunting once on lake st.clair on election day last year ..got about 25 yards from the launch and found out i needed a new breach plug.... :-\ 300 decoys and about 100 lbs of blind material make bailing a lost cause.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.