FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Roll out docks  (Read 1782 times)

jeem

Roll out docks
« on: Apr 19, 2006, 07:31 PM »
???Looking to add another dock at my cottage on Black Lake and as I get older want something that is easy to put in and can be rolled out at the end of the season and stored on shore.  I know aluminum will be the choice but looking for some guidance on manufactures and robustness plus ease of placement.  I've googled it and looked a Floe and Hewitt but would like some personal experiences if possible.  Thanks Guys!

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
Re: Roll out docks
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2006, 07:59 AM »
bump

Fishingking

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2006, 08:08 AM »
I have seen some neat Docks around here that are on hindges  All they do when winter comes in pull the dock up and out of the water and tie a bunch of ropes on the dock and wrap them around trees :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

jeem

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Thanks I do have access to ShoreMaster and own two hoist of theirs, top quality!  I'm 10' deep at the end of my 30' run and one sales person said I should go with a floating one but I get 4' waves occasionally on this shore and it would be rocking and rolling allot.  As I become a senior I think I'd like the stability of a fixed dock.

Eye Hunter

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 08:24 PM »
I am in the process of buying a dock from Hewitt, Looked at a lot of them and for the money they look pretty good. the guy was here two days ago to check out what I had for bottom etc. I am looking at getting a 24' roll out with a 16' section on the end.  it may be worth it to check them out. Good luck.

Bailbuster

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 05:48 AM »
Just a ? as I am not a camp owner on a lake but on a river , How do you get away with using up 40 feet of lake with out someone throwing a fit.We have to have a parallel dock with the bank or someone is screaming bloody murder.BB

Eye Hunter

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Just a ? as I am not a camp owner on a lake but on a river , How do you get away with using up 40 feet of lake with out someone throwing a fit.We have to have a parallel dock with the bank or someone is screaming bloody murder.BB I did not mention that  the 16'  Td on the end of the 24' with 6' overhang on both sides.. at the end of the 24'. so it only sticks out  28' Oh I also forgot to mention I'm on a river also.  ;D   EH

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.