FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dish-soap trick for geting worms and crawlers  (Read 36724 times)

chowder_head

Re: Dish-soap trick for geting worms and crawlers
« Reply #15 on: Apr 21, 2006, 03:42 PM »
thanks for the info jimp, sounds like an easy way to save a few bucks and should be cool to try!

SYMPTOMS: continual complaints as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expressions,sometimes deaf to wife and kids,frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting goods stores longer than usual.Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone..NO KNOWN CURE!!

yankee2

« Reply #16 on: Apr 22, 2006, 10:03 PM »
Thanks for the info - great idea I am gonna have to put my kids to work!!

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #17 on: Apr 22, 2006, 11:08 PM »
I seen this trick used years ago and when I was shown how to do it -it was with Ajax also . I havent tried it in years but it does work !

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #18 on: Apr 23, 2006, 12:08 AM »
I've heard of it but never tried it, but the 'ol back ain't what it used to be.  Ajax you say...  Think I'll try that.  It has got to beat crawlin' around in the wet grass at night with a flashlight in my mouth or strapped to the side of my head.  Neighbors get real nervous.  "Whattcha doin out there?...Lose somfing? ...You're looking fer what?"

I can empathize with you JimP

Art 53

« Reply #19 on: Apr 23, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Jimp   thanks for the tip I'll give it a try. But I still like to wet down the front yard and go at 10 o'clock at night . living in the city it keeps the neighbors on there toes

pirkaus

• Have you ever been too drunk to fish?
« Reply #20 on: Apr 23, 2006, 02:03 PM »
Outside at 10:00 pm in Lynn,Lynn the city of.....
You're a brave man
If the rule is 5 fish or 5 pounds, what if the 5th fish weighs 5 pounds?

Art 53

« Reply #21 on: Apr 23, 2006, 08:23 PM »
O'yea but when the neighbors see what I'm catching they want to Stir fry them with pee pods

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #22 on: Apr 23, 2006, 08:24 PM »
O'yea but when the neighbors see what I'm catching they want to Stir fry them with pee pods
i have the same neighbors but they want to put sweet n sour sauce on every thing
OR      [IMG]

winchester 88

« Reply #23 on: Apr 26, 2006, 10:16 AM »
I have been thinking about this and am wondering if it would be possible to do this with a Miracle Grow hose attachment that is used to fertilize plants.
 The resulting concentrate might not be strong enough to bring worms up but might be worth a try.
 Also the biodegradeable soaps might work .
 I have used a product made for gathering worms that smells much like the orange smell of bios and it really works.
After you gather worm they can be "conditioned" for fishing by putting them in wet newspaper in cottage cheese containers and chilling them overnight.My wife and I have caught some really nice fish using them this way.
 Tie a number 8 hook on the end of the line and a small split shot 1 foot above it.Hook the crawler once thru the end and cast it out.I watch the line as I slowly reel in and if I see a take I open the bail and let out some line and then reel up again .If you feel the fish ,hit em .
 We have caught bass, walleyes, catfish, sturgeon using conditioned crawlers. I say that when you put one of them on the hook it makes them so mad that they go looking for the fish.
 Good fishin''
 Winchester 88

mrwalleye

« Reply #24 on: Apr 27, 2006, 08:03 AM »
lol

Ice Dawg

« Reply #25 on: Apr 27, 2006, 08:16 AM »
I have been thinking about this and am wondering if it would be possible to do this with a Miracle Grow hose attachment that is used to fertilize plants.
 The resulting concentrate might not be strong enough to bring worms up but might be worth a try.
 Also the biodegradeable soaps might work .
 I have used a product made for gathering worms that smells much like the orange smell of bios and it really works.
After you gather worm they can be "conditioned" for fishing by putting them in wet newspaper in cottage cheese containers and chilling them overnight.My wife and I have caught some really nice fish using them this way.
 Tie a number 8 hook on the end of the line and a small split shot 1 foot above it.Hook the crawler once thru the end and cast it out.I watch the line as I slowly reel in and if I see a take I open the bail and let out some line and then reel up again .If you feel the fish ,hit em .
 We have caught bass, walleyes, catfish, sturgeon using conditioned crawlers. I say that when you put one of them on the hook it makes them so mad that they go looking for the fish.
 Good fishin''
 Winchester 88
Can ya hear em down there sayin "Here fishy fishy."? :o ;D ::)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

winchester 88

« Reply #26 on: Apr 28, 2006, 01:05 PM »
 In an earlier post I mentioned some stuff that I had used before to collect crawlers.
 I was at the Trader Horn today and found it again and it's called "Crawler Caller" and is mfg by Natural Chemicals Inc. in Naples Florida and it works.
 Winchester 88

adkbrookie

« Reply #27 on: Apr 28, 2006, 02:10 PM »
very interesting, i'll have to try it sometime.

tip-uptwo

« Reply #28 on: Apr 30, 2006, 09:40 AM »
One of the best tips I have herd yet!

I gave this a shot on the golf coarse beside my house last night ::) ::) ;D, worked better than I thought  8)

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #29 on: Apr 30, 2006, 09:54 AM »
you better not put anything on a golf course cuz if there is any damage you will pay
OR      [IMG]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.