FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Home Theatre Process  (Read 3700 times)

vancouvercanuck

Home Theatre Process
« on: Oct 04, 2005, 11:30 AM »
With the basement finished I am finally getting my theatre installed. The screen currently is just a primer. I have a screen paint called Goo wich will be added in the next day or two. After that I just put a window casing around the screen painted black. I'm running my cable, Directv, PS2, and DVD onto the projector. The screen measures 101". Overall picture quality I would rate good. I will add some screen captures later.

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: Home Theatre Process
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2005, 12:31 PM »
Looks like you got quite a bit invested there, VC.   Pretty sweet setup you have there, but how much are the replacement bulbs for the projector???

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Bulbs are $300.00 Canadian, so that's like $20 bucks American. ;) Bulbs average on this projector 3000 hours. Seriously though; how much TV do you watch in a typical day? I use it more for sports and movies than anything else. If you were to watch 3 hours a day I would average about 1000 days on the bulb or 2.74 years.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

devil-man

« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Sweet, VC! What type of movies do you watch?  ;)

I could live in your "basement", but still haven't gotten that invitation...  ;D

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2005, 10:11 AM »
Only adventure my friend. ;)

Here are some screen captures from last night:

blaque

« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2005, 10:36 AM »
The DOG Roof ROof! I just watched that last night LOL!! (its a bounty hunter reality show.....pretty interesting)

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2005, 11:01 AM »
sweet, the picture quality is amazing
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Deposit

« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2005, 09:29 AM »
Beutiful man  :'(  Beutiful

Hood

« Reply #8 on: Oct 06, 2005, 05:57 PM »
VC that kicks ass, youve made great progress since you started remodeling down there....AWESOME!! :thumbup_smilie:
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #9 on: Oct 07, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Thanks hood. I couldn't have done it without the help of the general contactor (who did all the work). But it is sure nice to be back in my home office downstairs.

Need to get some blinds and curtains for those d**n windows still and also get one of these:

http://www.la-z-boy.com/ourfurniture/product.aspx?pid=72

and we wil then be getting closer to done.

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: Oct 07, 2005, 11:40 AM »
Great job VC......good quality viewing for the long winter nights.......geez.....I bet your fish are going to look awesome on the big screen.....Grump  :flex:

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2005, 10:13 PM »
The images look clear.  How much did you spend on your projector, I see a huge gap in price when looking at the projectors, not sure how much to spend on a good one.  You can't ask them at the store, they obviously want you to buy the most expensive for higher commisions. 

Also, how clear is the picture with the lights on?

Thanks

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2005, 09:23 AM »
omg that show is sooooo good! ;D
-cole

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.