FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: camo wrap for fishing boat  (Read 2275 times)

2inaboat

camo wrap for fishing boat
« on: Feb 05, 2018, 05:28 PM »
Has anyone tried doing a "camo wrap" on their boat? Something like this www.camoskinz.com ? If so, how hard was it to do?

ole sam

Re: camo wrap for fishing boat
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2018, 09:33 AM »
That looks pretty cool.  I'd like that for my kayak.  Anyone have any experience with using it?
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2018, 12:11 PM »
I suggested it to a friend for his boat and he brought up a good point about what would happen as it gets damaged. I have no dought that it will look great, but with a few run-ins with docks and sticks in the water, I am not so sure it would look as good for long...

Houligan

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2018, 11:24 PM »
I suggested it to a friend for his boat and he brought up a good point about what would happen as it gets damaged. I have no dought that it will look great, but with a few run-ins with docks and sticks in the water, I am not so sure it would look as good for long...

Boats are meant to be run on water not into docks and such. If allowing any watercraft to hit docks and sticks and such I would highly recommend putting the wrap on to protect the craft or learn to control the boat better. When moored deploying bumpers only takes a minute. Its amazing how many people when selling their beat up used boat thinks "dock rash" is normal when asking their upper sentimental price. I know some sticks when running are just part of being on the water and tough to miss every one. But....

Over all a wrap will hold up as good as or better in some cases then paint with aluminum, gel coat is a bit more durable. And yes I've done wraps in the past. Go for it, you will like it.

Cheers!
Houligan

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2018, 06:26 AM »
Here's another option for the creative types.
https://www.reelfootcustomcamo.com/reelfoot-custom-camo-home.html

2inaboat

« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2019, 03:54 PM »
I did end up wrapping my rig. It was not hard to do and has held up great. Very impressed with it. I have left over materials and if I do get a scratch, you can just patch it with a leaf or stick from the camo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.