FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Montana  (Read 1614 times)

Teacherpreacher

Montana
« on: Oct 04, 2020, 08:55 AM »
Heading for Missoula, Montana Tuesday morning. Just a trip to visit my friend's son and family, take in some fall color and see the sights. Taking 3 days going out and 3 coming home, playing it by ear. No hurry. Retired and no one to answer to.
Been there before. Beautiful country! Not taking a rod. Will check out the fly fishermen and fisherwomen and visit a few fly shops.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

rivereddy

Re: Montana
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2020, 10:07 AM »

Egads man...at least take 1 pole... you might have an emergency!!!!!

Big Sky, Big Rivers, Big Fish memories, have a great trip

fish on,

rivereddy

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2020, 11:29 AM »
Nice, one of the best times of year to be there, love Montana in the fall.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2020, 12:56 PM »
Been there a few times and also love Montana! Teach you should reconsider about not taking a rod, they have awesome water out there. Funny thing when I went I'd pack my spinning rod and never touch it! Couldn't put my fly rod down. lol Have a safe and enjoyable trip, wished I was going along. Hex

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2020, 07:39 AM »
Got home yesterday! Drove 3,500 miles. Just put the GMC on 85 mph cruise and let 'er fly! Long ass drive. Thankfully all went well. Had good weather. Very dry from SD to MT. Many streams and creeks totally dried up! Was my 4th trip out that way. Have gone to Rocky Mountains, Yellowstone and  twice to Missoula (flew once).
 Don't know how many cattle they raise but has to be millions. Where there were  puddles in SD, WY  and MT saw TONS of teal!!!!! Saw lots of Anelope. Tuesday and Wednesday there was lots of snow on mountain tops and STRONG winds!(70 mph gusts!)
 From Iowa to Montaina saw about 2 vehicles per mile. Lots of semis. Yesterday on I80 in Illinois the trucks were crazy and lots of cars 1:00pm.
Thankful had safe travels and a good time.
No I didn't take a rod!! ;D ;D

Wouldn't want to live there! Prefer the UP of Michigan!
The old US of A is a fantastic country!!!!
Teach

rivereddy

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Welcome back.  glad you had a good safe trip

fish on,

rivereddy

fishcrazy

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2020, 07:19 AM »
Glad you had a safe trip out west. Went to the Rockies this summer and broke my d**n leg. Healed up just in time for deer season..   Love this beautiful country a lot but the North  is where it’s at.  Just don’t tell anyone

fishcrazy

« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2020, 07:19 AM »
Glad you had a safe trip out west. Went to the Rockies this summer and broke my d**n leg. Healed up just in time for deer season..   Love this beautiful country a lot but the North  is where it’s at.  Just don’t tell anyone

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2020, 08:36 AM »
Sorry about your leg! Good you got it healed up!! Rockies are mighty rugged. Those mountain men that trapped out there had to be real men!!! When I was out there tried to imagine what it must have been like, trapping in those mountains in winter? Wet all the time, no insulated boots or clothes. We have it made today!!!
Teach

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2020, 10:02 AM »
Sorry about your leg! Good you got it healed up!! Rockies are mighty rugged. Those mountain men that trapped out there had to be real men!!! When I was out there tried to imagine what it must have been like, trapping in those mountains in winter? Wet all the time, no insulated boots or clothes. We have it made today!!!
Teach

I try to imagine that too. They were really tough and really resilient. I can't imagine riding a horse or wagon  across the plains for days/months just to get there, living in a tepee all winter had to be tough, elk camp was rough with good sleeping bags and a wood stove and propane heater.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.