FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WAY "Off Topic"- Fast Food Workers  (Read 9505 times)

Kyle

Re: WAY "Off Topic"- Fast Food Workers
« Reply #30 on: Jul 27, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Well where I live(Calgary,Alberta) there is so many places looking for people to work they dont care who you are...they just hire you.  For example we were in a local grocery store and they had a sign that said sorry for slow service, we cannot hire enough people.  So, they really dont care who they are hiring.  Alot of my buddies work in such places, i am a troutbum at the moment  :D but i will get a job soon enough, and i hate to say it but alot of them would of done the same thing to you.  Not really caring, they just want their paycheck and the little things like...smiling, being happy(or atleast acting it) or a simple "how's your day going sir" is not giving them extra money.  Therefore they neglect to do any of it.  I have other buddies who would of given 2 of the best donuts when you paid for one, and talked with you for 5 minutes before you decided you had to get the hell out of there  ;D
P.S. i never read any of the other replies, i just posted sorry if i copied somebody  :P

Big Burk

« Reply #31 on: Jul 28, 2006, 12:35 AM »
Well where I live(Calgary,Alberta) there is so many places looking for people to work they dont care who you are...they just hire you.  For example we were in a local grocery store and they had a sign that said sorry for slow service, we cannot hire enough people.  So, they really dont care who they are hiring.  Alot of my buddies work in such places, i am a troutbum at the moment  :D but i will get a job soon enough, and i hate to say it but alot of them would of done the same thing to you.  Not really caring, they just want their paycheck and the little things like...smiling, being happy(or atleast acting it) or a simple "how's your day going sir" is not giving them extra money.  Therefore they neglect to do any of it.  I have other buddies who would of given 2 of the best donuts when you paid for one, and talked with you for 5 minutes before you decided you had to get the hell out of there  ;D
P.S. i never read any of the other replies, i just posted sorry if i copied somebody  :P
u think its bad in alberta :o u guys r stealing our younger people away from us :-\ our province has soo many jobs out there right now especially in the trades.

Kyle

« Reply #32 on: Jul 28, 2006, 12:58 AM »
how are we stealing people away?
maybe people WANT to get away from saskabush(i know i would ;))
i know, thems fightin words hahahahahaahha :laugh: :laugh:

esox slayer

« Reply #33 on: Sep 07, 2006, 06:18 AM »
Schools back in session, ADKRoy is back from his summer siesta of teaching inmates...maybe bumping this thread will get him to add some experiences from over the summer..or past lessons learned...Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #34 on: Sep 19, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Schools back in session, ADKRoy is back from his summer siesta of teaching inmates...maybe bumping this thread will get him to add some experiences from over the summer..or past lessons learned...Esox

On Educating youth.

Lipstick

According to a news report, a certain school in Garden City, MI  was
recently faced with a unique problem. A number of 12-year-old girls were
beginning to use lipstick, and would put it on in the washroom. That was
fine, but after they put on their lipstick they would press their lips to
the mirror leaving dozens of little lip  prints.
Every night, the maintenance man would remove them and the next day, the
girls would put them back.
Finally the principal decided that something had to be done. He called all
the girls to the washroom and met them there with the maintenance man.
He explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the
custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night.
To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, he asked the
maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required.
He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet,
and cleaned the mirror with it.
Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

THE MORAL OF THIS  STORY..

There are teachers, and then there are Educators

&  Bass

HOOKEMNCOOKEM

« Reply #35 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Point well made Lindz!! :clapping: :clapping:
I didn't come here to stay home.

Pikeguy

« Reply #36 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:16 PM »
Remember though..not all fast food workers are bad. I hear there are some promising new hires at Denny's recently...right Esox?  ;D ;D ;D

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #37 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Remember though..not all fast food workers are bad. I hear there are some promising new hires at Denny's recently...right Esox?  ;D ;D ;D

I thought I heard that too - they are supposed to be quite Krafty.  :tipup:
   &  Bass

Pikeguy

« Reply #38 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:19 PM »
I thought I heard that too - they are supposed to be quite Krafty.  :tipup:

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

No that's Perkins.. This is a different "grade"  One below 'commercial" I believe  ;D

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #39 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:24 PM »
No that's Perkins.. This is a different "grade"  One below 'commercial" I believe

Ohhhhh.......don't they handle Colleges and the Hotel industry and such?  ???  Sysco like ingredients right?  ;D
   &  Bass

Pikeguy

« Reply #40 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Ohhhhh.......don't they handle Colleges and the Hotel industry and such?  ???  Sysco like ingredients right?  ;D

I think so yeah...I actually thought it was just up to the inner city high school level...but  Ithink, now that you mention it, they do some corporate things as well  ;D

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #41 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:29 PM »
How did I know I was going to find this drivel over here when I clicked on the thread? :nono:

I'm bringing only bags of fast food to the gathering! :rotflol:
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Pikeguy

« Reply #42 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:30 PM »
How did I know I was going to find this drivel over here when I clicked on the thread? :nono:

Whew!!!  ;D

Still looking for the "relieved" Smiley  ;D :rotflol: :rotflol:

esox slayer

« Reply #43 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:37 PM »

Sysco like..or X like???

Nice bland fare..such as what you'll find served everyday at nursing homes around the country...basic stuff, a step above gruel and a step below McJunk......

Remember, Lucas works hard every day making that perfect balance of bland versus blah....and with his newfound career at Dennys, he's likely to find the going easier....I'm sure the training he's receiving is going to serve him well as long as he can keep up....

esox slayer

« Reply #44 on: Sep 19, 2006, 03:38 PM »

I've noticed you use the word "drivel" a lot in your posts...I guess it's because you hear that word in your kitchen so many times a day......kinda grows on you....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.