FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: jet ski launch........the craziest thing  (Read 2469 times)

jibbs

jet ski launch........the craziest thing
« on: Jul 23, 2008, 11:15 AM »
the last couple weeks i have been fishing the meredith side of the lake and checking out new bodies of water.........wickwas, wionna, waukeewan, etc..........i decided to drive down 104 a bit more to check out pemigewasset. lake (sp).....to my surprise fish and game built a brand new launch with a couple of new bathrooms, a few  parking spots for trailer and truck, a nice turnaround, and more importantly a pull out for loading and unloading..........however, its built for jet skiers, canoes, and kayaks.........the launch is paved all the way down to the water, but has two huge cement blocks at each end so that a regular size boat trailer could not back down there...........your tires would run into these blocks and limit your ability to get on the lake.........incrediable.........more of our money going to crap that we can't even use.........it looks like a nice lake with tons of vegetation..........has anybody witnessed this........stunning!!!!!!!!!!!.....i should of taken a picture.........crazy............
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Rob F.

• Quit Wishin, Go Fishing!!!
Re: jet ski launch........the craziest thing
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2008, 12:03 PM »
That ramp was built like that about 10-12 years ago. When I was going to college at Plymouth I used to fish that lake all the time from a canoe. I remember catching my first Carolina rig bass there.

The ramp was originally made for car-toppers, canoes and kayaks. It was not for trailers but it just so happens to be wide enough for jet skis (which weren't trailered much back then). 

Great lake though.. just like Wickwas and Waukewan...  - ahh the memories..

Glad you are having fun up there Jibbs. Find me some spots on Winni ;-).. I probably won't be fishing up that way again till end of Aug/Sept..

Have fun!!!

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2008, 01:55 PM »
wow...........that place looks brand new........perfect launch to the water, but blocked off.......might put it on the list for ice fishing though...........that's off course if they plow that area for parking in the winter..........probably only for snowmobilers......one trail on to the lake............lol.........talk to you later rob and i will keep my eyes open for hot spots on winni.........lol..............
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

bassranger

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2008, 02:09 PM »
I  fished pemigewasset a few times about ten years ago My wife's parents use to run camp Wanakee which is located on that lake. This was before I was to serious about bass fishing but i do recall catching a few out of there. I may be wrong about this but I think there might actually be pike in there as well.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

CSpike

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2008, 04:02 PM »
wow...........that place looks brand new........perfect launch to the water, but blocked off.......might put it on the list for ice fishing though...........that's off course if they plow that area for parking in the winter..........probably only for snowmobilers......one trail on to the lake............lol.........talk to you later rob and i will keep my eyes open for hot spots on winni.........lol..............

Jibbs it is plowed in the winter. We hit it a couple times a yr early on as it freezes early. Supposed to be good crappie in there but I have only gotten a few. Plenty of yellow perch if that is your fancy. Never got a bass but again we were targeting crappie thru the ice.

Spike

jibbs

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2008, 05:06 PM »
did you park at the launch site or is it blocked off completely??????

jibbs

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2008, 05:14 PM »
I  fished pemigewasset a few times about ten years ago My wife's parents use to run camp Wanakee which is located on that lake. This was before I was to serious about bass fishing but i do recall catching a few out of there. I may be wrong about this but I think there might actually be pike in there as well.
hey josh............i went to the pictures page and checked out some of your nh bass...........your hairstyles have really evolved over last year...........lol..........the pictures looked great.......i put up some of our bigger ones from last year.........i mentioned to the other folks that our ice fishing rocks, our coastline produces monster stripers, and our freshwater fishing is steady as well.......we should have a blast this winter ice fishing.........you usually put your house on onway correct.........never ice fished that place before, but i am sure the pickeral are hot and heavy.........is it possible to get it on pawtuckaway.........that's my new favorite place to ice fish.........i would love to have a party on that island on the main part of the lake.........it would be a great place to grill.........have a big fire......and catch some of those giant bass........

bassranger

« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2008, 07:31 AM »
Yeah I usually put my house on Onway there are a ton of pickerel in there but I also catch quite a few decent bass out of there. Last year was probably one of the best for catching good bass, Had a couple over 5lb a bunch of 4+lbers and a ton over 3lb.  I haven't ice fished Pawtuckaway very much due to lack of place to get on. I don't have a four wheeler YET(still working the wife over on that one) But a buddy of mine that I ice fish with a lot just got permission from somebody either he knows or his family knows to park at there house to access the lake not sure where on the lake it is yet.

jibbs

« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2008, 07:54 AM »
the place rocks......no pun intended.........this season you can go with us......we all have quads......its a cool ride in on the atv's and the fishing is great.......

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2008, 10:09 AM »
the place rocks......no pun intended.........this season you can go with us......we all have quads......its a cool ride in on the atv's and the fishing is great.......

Do they plow any of the launches for walk in access in the winter?  I still haven't fished Pawtuckaway yet, maybe Friday night after work I'll get the boat over there.  It sounds like an ideal place because it's only a little over 1/2 hour away from my house.  It sounds like it's better than Massy.
Live free or die trying.

bassranger

« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2008, 10:51 AM »
The gate is closed on the state park enterance you can walk in but it is a hike I have done it the walk in is not to bad but on the way out its all up hill ,not sure how far it is but if I had to quess I would say 1.5+ miles.  I don't think they plow the Fundy launch they might but still it is a long walk to get to water due to the fact they drain the lake real low in the fall. The whole no wake area is pretty much empty so you have to walk out past the two islands to get to water. That way is probably even farther than going through the state park.  If you have a Sled or four wheeler you would be fine.

CSpike

« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2008, 11:19 AM »
did you park at the launch site or is it blocked off completely??????

Site is plowed.

Spike

CSpike

« Reply #12 on: Jul 24, 2008, 11:20 AM »

Note: you can only use the park as an entrance when it has been determined there is enough snow cover. Last year wasn't an issue but previous years there has been some time with little use in the park.

Spike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.