FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: today a silver lake  (Read 3468 times)

jibbs

today a silver lake
« on: Aug 04, 2008, 03:12 PM »
headed to madison to prefish for a tourney on saturday.........well, it turned out that i wish the tourney was today.........i got into some fat smallies right off the bat and a couple of decent largemouth..........i would of limited out 10 minutes into the tourney........the smallies were chasing early and really destroying the bait........i don't want to get into too many details, because i need to catch the bassranger in the standings (lol)......if you have never been there before the water is pretty clear, has some sunken islands, some nice flats, and few islands to fish around......also remember the wind could be a factor..........the launch is very nice and they will even pressure wash you boat if you are carrying any hijackers.........the main parking lot is for residents only, but there is parking on the sides of the road..........the place is dominated by smallies, but they say there is some largemouth........i would say there is more largemouth then what people think.......i caught 3 in 5 casts today.........i heard its a pretty good trout lake..........here's a look at some of the bigger ones caught today........

Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
Re: today a silver lake
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Gotta love the small jaws!!!!
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2008, 03:48 PM »
Gotta love the small jaws!!!!
i was pretty impressed with this place........it was my first time on the lake during open water and the place is pretty cool.........that first picture really shows the girth of those smallies in that water..........
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2008, 04:05 PM »
I'm not suprised! Jibbs always catches big bass ;) :D
Nice Ones as usual :o Jibbs thanks for the pics

Steelie Slayer

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2008, 05:03 PM »
Im coming this weekend, u no longer have to worry about just bass ranger!
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

knight rider

« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2008, 05:12 PM »
The Ranger ought to be more concerned with Ms. Jibbs. I've seen her pull a few rabbit out of  her hat. I heard she's strictly going for the lunker money. 

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Nice smallies.  You are right, Jibbs... there are some great lakers and even some very nice rainbows that come out of there.  I fished it once this year and caught a couple lakers myself.  They came halfway between the big island and the red mill... you have to be careful though in the winter... there are 3 springs on that side that never freeze.  Fishing2000 (Neal) knows where they are.
Live free or die trying.

seandeisle

« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Kid every picture you have a chew in!!!!! Save that lip for this winter. Only 1 and a half weekends till i can fish again!!!!LOL ;D

CSpike

« Reply #8 on: Aug 05, 2008, 05:37 AM »
Kid every picture you have a chew in!!!!! Save that lip for this winter. Only 1 and a half weekends till i can fish again!!!!LOL ;D

He'll regret that later in life.

Spike

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2008, 04:43 PM »
Kid every picture you have a chew in!!!!!

HaHaaa! A typical Jibbs picture .... Cardinals or UNH Hat/Clothing, Sunglasses 8), Chew lip :-X...Oh ya and monster bass!!!! :o  ;D ;D :laugh:

bassranger

« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2008, 08:33 AM »
Nice fish Jibbs. If the bite stay's good looks like you will be bringing in a nice bag of fish. Did any of the largemouth have any size to them. I just spoke with Brian he said he saw you up there. He told me the place had some big smallies in it looks like he wasn't joking. I excited for this one I love seeing big bags of fish come to the scale ( its even better when they are in my bag)
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Steelie Slayer

« Reply #11 on: Aug 09, 2008, 10:53 PM »
so the results?? Did ya bring home a check?
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

jibbs

« Reply #12 on: Aug 10, 2008, 03:40 PM »
i guess the bassranger did not want to toot his own horn, but he put up great bag of 14 pounds and finished second..............he did win a lunker pool as well for biggest largie????????........there were some awesome smallies taken, but the majority of the bags were powered by largemouth........

Steelie Slayer

« Reply #13 on: Aug 10, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Hate when that happens!!!  Congrats to bassranger tho on a respectable bag!
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

bassmaster99

« Reply #14 on: Aug 11, 2008, 10:28 AM »
thats what I love to see....nice big lip of the good stuff with a thumb full of bass....nice work!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.