FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 11 pounds of largemouth bass  (Read 2571 times)

jibbs

11 pounds of largemouth bass
« on: Aug 08, 2008, 01:38 PM »
i would be curious to see who chimed in when they saw 11 pounds of largemouth..........went out this morning and just caught chunk after chunk.........they were staged deep into the pads in about 1 to 3 feet of water.........the rain i  think  has pushed them more to the banks due to the higher water, which is fine for me..........they are easier to find that way.......anyways, the biggest one was 6 pounds and 2 ounces and the other one was around 5.........i was also lucky enough to catch a 4  pound 8 ounce as well........great morning i just wish the rain would stop..........here's a look.........

she weighed 6 pounds 2 ounces.........

end of the day 4 1/2

Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

bassranger

Re: 11 pounds of largemouth bass
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2008, 01:48 PM »
Man them are some chunkers.  Is that Winni? I hope can find one's like that tomorrow on silver. I'm not familar with the place at all, but something tells me the big boys are going to be feeding just hope I can get my hooks into them.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2008, 01:59 PM »
no........its that sweet honey hole i keep telling you about.............can't wait to take you there ice fishing.....
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2008, 02:35 PM »
Nice.  I don't know what else to say...  ;D You guys just keep catching great fish.
Live free or die trying.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2008, 06:58 PM »
Heeeeey, I knew there was a catch!!! ::)

I was hoping it was one 11 lber not two equalling 11!
I wouldn't be suprised if one of these days you do get an 11 .

Hey Jibbs by the way, I've been wondering what is your biggest smallmouth/ largemouth ever?

Rob F.

• Quit Wishin, Go Fishing!!!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2008, 07:00 PM »
Nice job Bubba!! Sweet deal there.. You still up in the Lakes Region??

RF

jibbs

« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2008, 07:32 PM »
Nice job Bubba!! Sweet deal there.. You still up in the Lakes Region??

RF
yeh.........we have two more weeks and then its back to the grind.......i am kind of ready to go home though........i miss all those nice waters in southern nh........specifically rocktuckaway...........talk to you soon

jibbs

« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2008, 07:52 PM »
Heeeeey, I knew there was a catch!!! ::)

I was hoping it was one 11 lber not two equalling 11!
I wouldn't be suprised if one of these days you do get an 11 .

Hey Jibbs by the way, I've been wondering what is your biggest smallmouth/ largemouth ever?
my biggest through the ice was 6 pounds 1 ounce (largie), smallie was some where in the 4 1/2 pound range..........open water is 6 pounds 10 ounces (largie) and the smallie was again some where in the 4 1/2 pound range..........first of all, it sounds like i need to start weighing these smallies.........basically, i have three goals in life when it comes to fishing..........(1) catch a 5 pound smallie out of new england waters.........i have been hunting winni for 5 straight summers now and it has still eluded me........(2) 8 pound largemouth out of new england waters...........should be able to do it........if i was a betting man i would say i will catch it during the winter months.........either out of pawtuckaway, mirror lake, or baboosic.........(3) go fishing for peacock bass.........i know i could go to florida, texas, or mexico and catch a 10 pounder, but an 8 pound largemouth out of nh is truely a mega bass in my book........the smallie seems attainable, but it takes time...........i really think it will come out of the androscoggin or magalloway river.........one of my biggest smallies came when i was wading just below 7 islands bridge on the androscoggin fishing for trout.......i had a 4 foot rod with 4 lb test and that baby sure put the tackle to the test......i thought i had a giant rainbow until it leapt from the water.......anyways, thanks for checking in and i hope you have a great weekend...........

seandeisle

« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2008, 08:15 PM »
wow slim nice im back as of sunday call me

natureboy79

« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2008, 09:13 PM »
you got the place to yourself jibbs? haven't seen anybody out there for quite a while now.I've been to busy with the stripers! Nice to see its still producing.I did get some good ones and a few nice smallies at Lees last weekend. Nice fish-Andy-
My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic...

CSpike

« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2008, 11:01 AM »
You want a 8lb largemouth...fish at night.

Spike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.