FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: povidence river  (Read 1196 times)

ricky riged

povidence river
« on: Oct 09, 2010, 06:00 PM »
got out yesterday after work and went after some stripersin providence river
we left the dock at about 530 pmin pawtucket got first blue fish by the time we got to 3rd green bouye
than made a couple passes around the red bridge no luck than went out to the area of the coke bottle or the save the bay area
and drifted eels till 10 pm no bights called it a night and started ingot to the 195 bridge was all light up and
found a school of pogies that were getting slaughtered by blue fish and could not pass up oppertunity to get in on that
lasted about an hourthay were hitting any thing you through blue fish all bettween 36 and 40 inch nice fat fish
no strippers hearing roumers about them but none around last night just blue fish still alot of fun
latter tonight going to head to canal and hope fully get into stripers ;D ;D ;D

BOULDERDASH

Re: povidence river
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2010, 09:07 PM »
i hammered the blues today myself , i dont want to think of all the tackle that got bitten off today . did you know black swivles are great lures for blues?. i had solid blues for most of the day surf fishing from the beach, i was north of the canal  about 20 miles .i did get two small bass and they felt like skate after all those blues. i also fished the CC on monday and again blues.

lavaman

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2010, 05:45 AM »
hey rick thanks for the report. i'm planning on heading there on mon if i can get the last repairs to my boat done today. i usually hit them in that area about this same time each year. i don't care who u are it's hard to resist the temptation of getting in on an old fashion blues blitz. i'll be the first to admit that i love it. going to combine that with some tautog and some schoolie fishing. are u working mon?

ricky riged

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2010, 05:55 PM »
ya i got to weork tomorrow  :'( :'( :'(
and i never made canal last night or this morning  :'( :'( :'(
 but i did pick up a 5 year old crafts man lawn tractor for free  ;D ;D ;D

lavaman

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2010, 07:32 AM »
ya i got to weork tomorrow  :'( :'( :'(
and i never made canal last night or this morning  :'( :'( :'(
 but i did pick up a 5 year old crafts man lawn tractor for free  ;D ;D ;D

good find on the lawn tractor. did really good on the tog mon. 3 ppl in the boat and caught more than 45 but only 1keeper. had a great time catching and releasing though. saw 1 crazy bluefish making a commotion on the surface tring to catch a pogey then a trolling boat came though and caught the crazy bastard. saw pods of pogeys here and there but no luck with the blues or stripers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.