FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Electric cordless mowers  (Read 1470 times)

BLACK ICE

Electric cordless mowers
« on: May 03, 2017, 07:09 AM »

I am in the market for a new mower and have seen many ads for lithium Ion battery mowers. I have the Ion Ice auger and
          I am very impressed but it doesn't run as long as a mower would. Has anyone had any experience with them. I know technology
          has come a long way, but I'm a little weary, I don't want to stop in the middle of mowing to charge a battery! I have about a
          acre to mow!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Electric cordless mowers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 03:02 PM »
Lowes sells a Kobalt 80v that comes with 2-2.0A.H. batteries which seem a bit light for that duty. EGO has one they claim has a 45 minute run time. Both are 21". Not much for an acre of hand mowing.

My bet would be that they don't last more than a half hour on a charge.

One thing about Lowes is they'll take it back no matter what.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

BLACK ICE

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 03:21 AM »

Thanks Rg. for the info. I went to Lowes yesterday and saw that 80 volt mower, I read the stats. and decided to get
             a new 21" Troy Built mulching, side discharge or rear bagger for $199 and with my VA discount I saved some money!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 07:37 AM »
You're better off if In my opinion.  ;D

Battery technology just isn't quite there yet.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.