FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall Stocking in Progress!!  (Read 1392 times)

dickbaker

Fall Stocking in Progress!!
« on: Oct 07, 2017, 07:58 PM »
Big rainbows at the local boat launches!  Looks as if the fish went in during Friday's rain.  Bad thing is that one launch already had residue of beer cans and worm containers??
I'll give my fly rod a try Sunday morning.  Hopefully trout will head for deep water before Power Bait fishermen catch them.  These fish are primarily meant for winter fishing?
Dick

zwiggles

Re: Fall Stocking in Progress!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2017, 09:18 PM »
Those trout are meant for catching, and there is nothing wrong with any kind of firherman as long as they are legal.

dickbaker

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2017, 08:24 AM »
I've never been a fan of the belief that the cost of my license means that I should happy to take home as many stocked fish as possible!  Went fly fishing off one of the boat ramps this morning.  Two 10 inch rainbows before I was pushed out by a group of Power Bait fishermen.   I had seen them the night before and cleaned up two pounder beer cans and a 12 pack of empty bottles.  My job is to hook and release as many trout as possible and tell them to go to the deep water.  Hatchery trout tend to stay right near the concrete launch for days?
Dick

swnoel

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2017, 10:46 AM »
My problem isn't with the fishermen catching the fish... it's with the pigs that ruin it for everyone! Hopefully the police or F&G will catch them and enforce the open container laws!

dickbaker

« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2017, 08:21 AM »
I'm afraid that the open container law is the reason that these slobs dump all the containers at the fishing site?  I guess I will just continue to load my pickup with garbage after fishing?
Dick

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2017, 07:24 AM »
Nice work Dick...those are some of ky favorite spots to start ice fishing early season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.