FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing vacation in NH - Help  (Read 3725 times)

taxid

Re: Fishing vacation in NH - Help
« Reply #15 on: Oct 16, 2017, 08:47 AM »
Skicraft were banned from Squam in the 80’s

Awesome. I understand people have to have their fun but some of the lakes here they can be really annoying as they can't seem to keep their distance from fishing boats. I've had them run over my lines on purpose. That and all the powerboats out here it sounds like you are at a NASCAR event on some lakes. Just not my cup of tea for vacation.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #16 on: Oct 16, 2017, 10:13 AM »
Taxid,

This is one reason I actually like Winni. Its so large with so many islands and coves that there are places where you can avoid people and boats all together and still have superb fishing. Plus, I am pretty sure there is a 40mph speed limit now on Winni.

I did find a place on Sargents pond in Wolfboro. Does anyone know what type of fish are in here? I can always just trailer to Winni for some fishing but it would be nice to catch a few from the yard as well.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #17 on: Oct 17, 2017, 10:08 AM »
So I am looking at this link of lake Winni and all of the public boat launches to plan ahead and see where I want to fish from. Well its all good and dandy that there are a few launches to choose from but none of them have parking for a vehicle and trailer. How do you guys go about this? The launch that is closest to where I will be staying is the Back Bay Boat Landing but there are only a few parking spots and none will fit a trailer. I recall Alton Bay being the same way. I never had this issue before because I would put in at either Alton Bay or West Alton Marina and then keep the boat at my private dock but thats not an option this year.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/maps/bathymetry/winnipesaukee_gilford.pdf

Wicked Wec

jibbs

« Reply #18 on: Oct 17, 2017, 10:39 AM »
So I am looking at this link of lake Winni and all of the public boat launches to plan ahead and see where I want to fish from. Well its all good and dandy that there are a few launches to choose from but none of them have parking for a vehicle and trailer. How do you guys go about this? The launch that is closest to where I will be staying is the Back Bay Boat Landing but there are only a few parking spots and none will fit a trailer. I recall Alton Bay being the same way. I never had this issue before because I would put in at either Alton Bay or West Alton Marina and then keep the boat at my private dock but thats not an option this year.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/maps/bathymetry/winnipesaukee_gilford.pdf
that's not true...they just built a brand new parking lot last year
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

zwiggles

« Reply #19 on: Oct 17, 2017, 11:23 AM »
The Alton launch has on site parking.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #20 on: Oct 17, 2017, 07:42 PM »
Back Bay Boat Landing but there are only a few parking spots and none will fit a trailer.
Back Bay has trailer parking beyond the car parking you mentioned. Boat height is a big issue getting under the bridge to Wolfeboro Bay.
The newer Alton launch may be referred to as "Downings" in info you're looking at?

fishlessman

« Reply #21 on: Oct 19, 2017, 08:04 AM »
Taxid,

This is one reason I actually like Winni. Its so large with so many islands and coves that there are places where you can avoid people and boats all together and still have superb fishing. Plus, I am pretty sure there is a 40mph speed limit now on Winni.

I did find a place on Sargents pond in Wolfboro. Does anyone know what type of fish are in here? I can always just trailer to Winni for some fishing but it would be nice to catch a few from the yard as well.

my clarks book says large mouth, maybe smallies, chain pickerel,bullhead,bluegill, yellow perch, golden shiners for sargent pond. looks to be mostly shallow so probably not much with the smallies

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #22 on: Oct 19, 2017, 12:06 PM »
Thank you Fishlessman!

Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #23 on: Oct 24, 2017, 09:49 AM »
So thank you to all that responded. After all that i was able to find and rent a house on Winni yet again. It is in a completely new area that i have never ventured to nor fished so it should be interesting. I am hoping to get on some great smallie action and maybe even some whites for 1 nights dinner. I will be staying around Wallace Island the week of June 16th so if anyone else will be up that way shoot me a message. If you have any additional tips please PM me.

*I normally fish the southern side from Meredith all the way to Alton Bay so I have zero knowledge of this new area.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.