FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sandy Pond Perch  (Read 7562 times)

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
Re: Sandy Pond Perch
« Reply #15 on: Mar 09, 2018, 04:26 AM »
You will likely be able to get on the Pond before GB, Boggey   8)
I'm done with Maple for this season - 12 1/2 gal of syrup from my hobby; ready to go for some perch.
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

Mac Attack

« Reply #16 on: Mar 09, 2018, 08:10 AM »
You will likely be able to get on the Pond before GB, Boggey   8)
I'm done with Maple for this season - 12 1/2 gal of syrup from my hobby; ready to go for some perch.

What was your yield ratio this year?
My buddy was doing like 80:1
Said it was ridiculously high this year.
He typically gets 40-45:1

He runs tubing and uses a nice sugar shack with a wood burning boiler.
Here's a link to his FB site.
There are photos

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007807125735&fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 09, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Yo Guys and Gals,

I'm ready to hit the soft water. My Sweeta-Rita is improving with each day and I am getting ready to launch the Otter "Stealth" as the weather improves. Not sure if my first outing should be the Pond or Goose Bay for "Ice Out". I hope to do as well as I did last spring on the Pond. That foretold of  a good ice season as well. I'll take a repeat of last year, but maybe a bit longer ice season eh?  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

yea boggey hopefully within the next week or two we'll be on the soft water...been out once not much luck but can only get better.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2018, 11:09 AM »
What was your yield ratio this year?
My buddy was doing like 80:1
Said it was ridiculously high this year.
He typically gets 40-45:1

He runs tubing and uses a nice sugar shack with a wood burning boiler.

I'm small time hobbiest.  Have a mix of 3/16 gravity tubing from 10 taps on the hill in my yard and another 50 taps into buckets.  I averaged 50-60 gallons of 3% (that would be ~30 - 1) from those 60 taps.  They are all very mature trees in wide open yards with huge tops.
I run a Leader Half Pint wood fired evaporator with forced air and manage 8-9 gal/hr evaporation rate.  Not too bad but I can't deal with 10 hour days anymore.  I'll be adding an Reverse Osmosis unit next season.
Most of the guys I've talked to have been down on sap/suger content this year.  I ran 3.8 last season for the little bit I did.

I enjoyed it, for sure.
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #19 on: Mar 10, 2018, 06:37 AM »
Yo Phil,

You will have to stop at Woody's and compare notes with Dave.He has gone professional. Big time evap unit. I'm waiting for that open water phone call bud.  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

Slack99

« Reply #20 on: Apr 12, 2018, 07:43 AM »
New to the site. Was wondering if anyone has been on the pond since ice went out. Thanks

Tommyboy1971

« Reply #21 on: Apr 13, 2018, 05:43 PM »

Not sure why you wanted this picture Jboggey, but here it is with that big perch I caught today while we were fishing.......

reeleyz

« Reply #22 on: Apr 13, 2018, 07:18 PM »
Nice perch!

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #23 on: Apr 13, 2018, 08:00 PM »
Not sure why you wanted this picture Jboggey, but here it is with that big perch I caught today while we were fishing.......

Yo Guys & Gals,

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. You heard of fake news, well here is a classic example of  Russian Collusion. Some how the picture intended to show "the great one", me  holding the 13 inch , "biggest perch of the day" erroneously depicting Tommy Boy's face in lieu of mine. I know Tommy Boy would not do such a dastardly deed of his own accord. As it already cost him a buck remittance to the Boggey coffers.  8) 8)

Tommyboy1971

« Reply #24 on: Apr 13, 2018, 08:22 PM »

Dang russigans.....

UglyStik

« Reply #25 on: Apr 13, 2018, 08:57 PM »
nice perch, funny photoshop job too!

jperch

« Reply #26 on: Apr 13, 2018, 09:42 PM »
Too funny, I was looking at the perch  and didn't notice the photoshop at first.  Nice catch Jim and Tommy. Hey - those ruskies didn't photoshop that big perch too did they???
jperch

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #27 on: Apr 14, 2018, 04:35 AM »
Now that's more like it Tommy Boy. Nice  corrected picture. Now most will recognize the back ground not to be Sandy Pond but  the shore line at Kring's Point . Yes we did have a fun filled day. We caught a lot of fish. Used up all our fatheads and switched over to perch eyes early in the day. We had to sort through a lot of dink's but managed a pail and a half of very nice sized perch. Tommy Boy lost a nice northern at the boat gunnel (no net).

There were more than 30 other water craft cramped into the bay and outlet at noon. On our way out there were more boats waiting to launch at the ramp. The shoreline was shoulder to shoulder.  The weather was great. A little chilly  in the morning, the wind was light and temperature warmed  to the mid forty's by noon. The pm predicted rains did not arrive till after 2:30 when we left. We anchored the boat mid channel off the rocks and never moved once . I know Tommy Boy caught 3 times as many perch as I but he has more filleting aids than I, (notice the BUSSSSHHHH can's) in the back ground of his filleting table.

Lastly, a great day to be on the water, in the boat with a good fishing buddy and lots of stories long and tall by each of us. Next adventure will def be on the Pond. Weather permitting.

Post Script: If anyone found my favorite felt fishing hat sitting on the pipe bollard at the kring's Point boat ramp, I would greatly appreciate a call or a private message. Seems I am gettin a lot more of these senior moments eh?

hinkydo

« Reply #28 on: Apr 14, 2018, 11:39 AM »
Way to go jboggey and Tommy Boy, I fished Fair Haven not as good only 37 perch enough for two meals though.
A lot less cleaning.

hinkydo

Tommyboy1971

« Reply #29 on: Apr 14, 2018, 12:21 PM »
I ended up cleaning 93 Jim.... you at least had 30?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.