FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: night crawlers  (Read 8041 times)

big_guy_13021

Re: night crawlers
« Reply #30 on: Feb 23, 2018, 11:55 AM »
Omg thats for ....everyone tries to get the last word..this time trapper got slammed and they locked it lol

gotagetm

« Reply #31 on: Feb 23, 2018, 05:11 PM »
i was watching that debate...laughing and seems to me everytime one of those get locked... one same guy always has to stir the fire and eventually it gets locked!!! T/////r
on a fishing note, took rest of my crawlers back to seneca today and only one pike and one bullhead wind was way to much today at north end so went to sampson and waves were coming over wall and harbor was real muddie,so ill try again soon

boondox

« Reply #32 on: Feb 23, 2018, 07:06 PM »
waves were coming over wall and harbor was real muddie,so ill try again soon

That's what is keeping me off the rivers right now is flood stage type water.. the rivers are high and very muddy some have flooded thier banks huron in green oak twp river rasin south of the exit of the huron river..  and a lot of other flooding going on like my basement..  it's the right time to do steel heading just wrong conditions..  for us right now in south east michigan cause of all the rain.. and we get more rain saturday night too.. go figure??

big_guy_13021

« Reply #33 on: Feb 23, 2018, 11:14 PM »
Bummer about your basement better keep the subpump going..we got some rain but not that much..but enough thats for sure..thinking of hitting a creek here called maxwells i think it should be open i know the eyes were going at oswego behind the hotels some browns also..gonna check my crappie creek out tomarrow hopefully no ice..owasco was rippin with waves to on the north end nice muddy water mite give that a shot for bullheads to..

big_guy_13021

« Reply #34 on: Feb 23, 2018, 11:27 PM »
Just got some good info the steelie creek i fish is open and bite is decent hopefully i will have a few pics to post...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #35 on: Feb 24, 2018, 03:40 AM »
Its a rough crowd over there rite now ...😅

Just read this and dropped in IS for a minute. I haven't spent any time there this year. But, this crap happens every year when the ice goes out.

I always keep my crawlers in newspaper. It tears in thin strips very nicely. I dampen it and put it in a cooler. Worms keep in the fridge for months. I change the bedding every few weeks.  The big parking lot at the park near me is prime crawler ground after a warm rain. Easy picking ;D

Bullhead fishin' is another month or so away for me. Been going every spring for 60 years. Been using the same Coleman lantern for 40. Which reminds me......ink I'll give the old lantern a little TLC. It could use a paint job.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Spider1

« Reply #36 on: Feb 24, 2018, 05:58 AM »
Just read this and dropped in IS for a minute. I haven't spent any time there this year. But, this crap happens every year when the ice goes out.

actually, it's kinda been like that all season for some reason. Seems that there's a couple new "Mr. Know-it-alls" that get off by fighting with the old  "Mr. Know-it-alls".

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #37 on: Feb 24, 2018, 06:06 AM »
I thought it has been a pretty calm season over there this year compared to most.... I only recieved 1 nasty PM so far and thats only because i didnt respond back fast enough to him about ice conditions on a certin lake...  8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #38 on: Feb 24, 2018, 06:37 AM »
Raq, hope you have fun tonight at the big Inlet get together. They are having Winterfest over here today. Ice won't be the best for some of the events that are planned, but the kids will have a good time. They will be able to get wet..h2l

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #39 on: Feb 24, 2018, 06:45 AM »
Thanks Doug.Theres deffently water on the ice but still snow on the ground...At least its going to be warm..... Good night for a bonfire and fireworks...
Have a great day yourself.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #40 on: Feb 24, 2018, 06:50 AM »

actually, it's kinda been like that all season for some reason. Seems that there's a couple new "Mr. Know-it-alls" that get off by fighting with the old  "Mr. Know-it-alls".
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

big_guy_13021

« Reply #41 on: Feb 24, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Not bad a 40 yr old coleman lantern..they dont make them like they used to thats for sure..

boondox

« Reply #42 on: Feb 24, 2018, 04:16 PM »
You should get a dual fuel stove and a dual fuel lantren..  I bring mine to Canada try finding propane or "white Gas" colmen fuel..  in the bush of Canada is not going to happen.. with the dual fuel you can run gasoline or colmen fuel in it no conversion nesseary.. just got to empty the colmen fuel out and fill with gasolive.. that or if the world ends we have light and cooked food at least..  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #43 on: Feb 24, 2018, 04:24 PM »
It ain't broke....I ain't fixin it Boon  ;D

I also have a Colman stove I purchased at the same time as the lantern. It still performs as new.

My Bride refreshed my memory. They're both 47 years old.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

UglyStik

« Reply #44 on: Feb 25, 2018, 04:17 AM »
Speaking of night crawlers, went out to do shore fishing and had trouble finding any to buy. 3 different places that I usually go didn't have them, probably too early to make it worthwhile to stock them. Something to consider it you are planning a trip. I will be checking my parking lot and other sources to see if any are out yet here. I still had spikes left so I used them and bummed a couple worms from nearby fisherman.

Too early for bullheads, no? I wouldn't mind hitting that some night soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.