FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Helix 7 fishfinder  (Read 1985 times)

fish/hunt4ever

Helix 7 fishfinder
« on: Feb 26, 2018, 01:39 PM »
I am looking at new toys for the boat and have been looking at a fish finder that networks with the I-pilot and all, just wondering if all the side imaging and down imaging are worth the extra money, I am just liking the map as you go function and the follow a contour with the trolling motor function more that anything, hate to tie up more money than I need to just to have something that I am not going to use.  I know that I need the hummingbird mapping card and the cables to connect to the trolling motor but figured I would ask some people that have this that might help me out if I need to save up more money to get what I need.  Thanks

hump

Re: Helix 7 fishfinder
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2018, 10:06 PM »
Im also looking to upgrade from a black and white hummingbird to a helix. I do not have an I pilot though. I just want a gps/ sonar combo. I just don't know enough about DI or SI to spend the money. I mainly want to mark waypoints and monitor speed.

skinny40

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2018, 05:00 AM »
I have a helix 5 di and love it. Lakemaster+ card has awesome maps. I dont use the down scan much. It can find brush piles nicely but i guess it depends on how you fish....if you cruze shallow water casting for bass the side scan would be better.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2018, 10:27 AM »
Just mainly jigging or trolling for walleye or trout out here, well whatever bites really, trout, crappie, perch, catfish, the occasional bass but the water clarity is great so can see into the water just fine to see if the bass are up against the bank or out deep the other lakes that have them catch them while fishing for the other fish.  I think I have convinced myself that the DI and SI are not worth the money for what I want to do but the auto chart live and all looks really good, and follow the contour so I can do more fishing and less driving the boat.

WyoMinFisher

« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2018, 12:57 PM »
Bought the Helix 7 with GPS last December also bought the Ice Package.  Was a serious upgrade for both ice and I hope my boat. Only problem with ice is that it burned through the small battery, will upgrade to a lithium for next ice season.

MistyRae

« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2018, 08:27 AM »
Anyone use a Lowrance Hook2?

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2018, 07:33 AM »
I have a Helix 7.  Images aren't as sharp as advertised and personally feel it has too many bells an whistles that make it confusing. But that just may be me. Wish now I would have gone with a different brand though. May sell mine and do so.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2018, 08:20 PM »
Well bit the bullet and ordered the one with side imagining and all to link to my i-pilot link Minn Kota trolling motor so will let everyone know what I think when I get it and use it.

GFIceMan

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2018, 11:36 AM »
This probably isnt the place. But, I have two Lowrance for sale. HDS Gen2 Touch 9 with StructureScan and an HDS Gen2 8. Message me if interested.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.