FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bass lake marina  (Read 2646 times)

abishop

bass lake marina
« on: May 06, 2018, 06:18 AM »
Anyone been here lately? I have had more luck fishing from shore than out of my boat here for some time. GO FIGURE...LOL

Spooled85

Re: bass lake marina
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 05:27 AM »
That's only because there is no fish to be cought lol

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 02:16 PM »
No it's actually nicknamed The Dead Sea I live 25 minutes from it will drive way out of my way to fish somewhere else if you read any post between my fish finder and Ice shanty you will see what I'm talking about with this Lake

wallin

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 05:22 PM »
Parking lot was over half full yesterday :-\
Wallin

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:47 PM »
Bass lake isnt what it used to be, get some gills abd crapps here and there, small spurts of a good bite.

But they have done alot of work killing the weeds on the lake over the last 3-4 years. Lake is dingy colored now,

Its a shame, i used to spend some time on it, now i go to other lakes instead also.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

Spooled85

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 07:35 AM »
Bass lake isnt what it used to be, get some gills abd crapps here and there, small spurts of a good bite.

But they have done alot of work killing the weeds on the lake over the last 3-4 years. Lake is dingy colored now,

Its a shame, i used to spend some time on it, now i go to other lakes instead also.
x'2 on that

charlys1954

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 03:35 PM »
dead sea -  parking lot half full  same conflicting responses i have read the last couple years. lol  either way its not in my strike zone anyhow.

And that's how the Lake Owners like it

A big body of water with no fisherman so they can run their non-fishing boats. Its a shame how the DNR let politics take over. Gets worse every year, lake owner's interest over nature.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

taxid

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 04:19 PM »
And that's how the Lake Owners like it

A big body of water with no fisherman so they can run their non-fishing boats. Its a shame how the DNR let politics take over. Gets worse every year, lake owner's interest over nature.

Follow the money!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jig_Head

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 04:54 PM »
dead sea -  parking lot half full  same conflicting responses i have read the last couple years. lol  either way its not in my strike zone anyhow.
A good amount of people do still go for some reason but it's terrible

abishop

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 04:33 PM »
Anything happening. Heard there have been quite a few fishing there lately. P.M.'s always welcomed.

Gartoon

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 11:03 AM »
Out Sunday 5/27 AM
2 crappie
1 white bass
1 walleye 15in
Water temp 75

ski boats started about 8am left 10am

bigr

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 11:14 AM »
With so little return on put and take on this lake and so many complaints from the fishing community i see no reason why the dnr shouldn't begin a new put and take or whatever on a new site. The home owners group certainly would not give a rats and the money would be much better spent. Might be something that should be talk about at next public forum.

Gartoon

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 12:31 PM »
Like anywhere else if you figure a lake out you will catch them.
Granted this is NOT a prime walleye fishery ( Generally smaller fish with low body weight)  but the number of walleye in is lake is high

Forage and structure would be the best improvement here not more stocking  :-X

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.