FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Whats the laws on trailer lights during daylight hrs  (Read 1320 times)

charlys1954

Whats the laws on trailer lights during daylight hrs
« on: May 12, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Got another Vehicle and just got a hitch installed this week. Itching to go fishing but don't have the wiring in yet. During daylight hours is it against the law to pull a boat trailer without lights? I read online if your vehicle's taillights are visible then you can get away with no lights on a boat trailer<<<<during the day but not at night.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

Mac Attack

Re: Whats the laws on boat trailer lights during daylight hrs
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 03:04 PM »
In NY they gotta work.

charlys1954

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 03:26 PM »
II'll only be running about 20 miles on a rural road but the city cops is the ones I'll worry about.

I may just not scratch the itch and wait till I get the wire harness.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

taxid

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 04:14 PM »
I searched "Ind. Trailer light laws" and some hits said during the day and if your vehicle taillights are visible it may slide by. I'll only be running about 20 miles on a rural road but the city cops is the ones I'll worry about.

I may just not scratch the itch and wait till I get the wire harness.

Did you have to order yours online too? I went to two auto parts stores and a hardware store to get a harness and LED lights and none had them.

And the brick and mortar stores whine about people buying on the Internet. Well if they carried the product!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rivereddy

Re: Whats the laws on trailer lights during daylight hrs
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 05:34 PM »
In Indiana, you've got to have at least one brake light all the time.  As someone else mentioned, you can get a backup
set that runs off a "4 way flat"  with two serious magnets that hold the lights to the trailer. Got mine at a uhaul store for less than 30 bucks.  I keep them in a little gym bag and they go when the boat goes.

folks love the pike,

rivereddy

trophytaker1

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 05:52 AM »
You gotta have trailer light's in Indiana. Daylight you need Brake lights and night time you need running lights.

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 10:07 AM »
True

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.