FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: why i fish  (Read 5127 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
why i fish
« on: Jun 25, 2018, 08:59 AM »
 lots of reasons  i  can  say  for relaxation   or i can say i  love the thrill of  the  sport  i can say  how it teaches  me  to be a better sportsmen or  that it helps teach me  conservation  but  the  very most  important thing  and  people have  begun to  either forget  this or  became ashamed  of it ,i fish for  diner!  i hear about all the released  trout but i see  95% of  trout fisherman  have a creel ..... who bullhead fishes   just to catch and  release ?  and  10 inch perch are  going no where  but the  fry pan at my house .... rembers  when bass  where the  fish  people  kept  for   fish  fries   drifting  crawfish  on lake ontario.....now   most people  feel pressured to let them  go ...why?  make  no mistake   a  19 inch bass has  little to no reason  to believe  he will eat another crawfish  if  he  hits my line .....  8  inch  gill ...... 17 inch walleye all  share  the  same  faith .....i eat  em ...how  about you? next week  we  will discuss how  to make  home made tarter  sauce  :thumbup_smilie:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
Re: why i fish
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2018, 09:48 AM »
Tried that catch & release stuff one time, don't care for it. Kill 'em & grill 'em..... :P
In general I'm after a meal, and love the whole process. With that being said, I don't usually freeze any fish. I take only what we need until the next time. Plenty of releasing going on. The life of a weekend warrior.  ;)
And I'm a firm believer in playing by the book. The relaxation factor, just plain being on the water, some days are all the dinner I need to go back.

seamonkey84

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2018, 10:12 AM »
I fish purely because I love it. I’ve been relying on my fly rod more and more this past couple years to add to the challenge and even smaller fish fight harder on the long rods.
I’m not really into eating fish. I only keep a handful of fish a year, most of of them are the ones that are bleeding badly. I’m not going to look down on someone for keeping fish as long as they are legal. There are many cases which people aren’t keeping enough fish and the state is trying to encourage more harvests.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2018, 10:17 AM »
Fish for sport and for food.  Sometimes those trips to hunt for that evenings dinner are the most rewarding.

WalleyeWonder

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2018, 10:29 AM »
Obsessed with fooling nature. Concealment, presentation, tactics, experimenting, trial and error. Hunting and Fishing!
Jiggin' Like A Fool

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2018, 01:55 PM »
depends on my company. One guy fishes for sport so when i go with him, it's for fun
Better fishing buddy and I fish for food, which makes getting skunked worse than fishing for fun...

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2018, 02:37 PM »
Fish for sport and for food.  Sometimes those trips to hunt for that evenings dinner are the most rewarding.

Yup,

Like tonight's grilled seabass and tomorrows pink vodka stuffed fluke!

Man do i make some killer fluke!

Wicked Wec

jrtbaits

« Reply #7 on: Jun 25, 2018, 02:39 PM »
I fish for fun and for food on the hardwater where I mostly target panfish and walleye, but when the ice melts it's strictly catch and release, I almost exclusively target bass and am a tournament angler ... I have a hard time eating a fish this week that could be worth some money next week.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #8 on: Jun 25, 2018, 02:44 PM »
I fish for fun and for food on the hardwater where I mostly target panfish and walleye, but when the ice melts it's strictly catch and release, I almost exclusively target bass and am a tournament angler ... I have a hard time eating a fish this week that could be worth some money next week.

Same here, bass go back. If you like em' eat em' but for me its a potential extra few $$ while having fun and fishing for sport.
Wicked Wec

oatkasut

« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2018, 03:04 PM »
I fish because I love it, the challenge, nature and meeting nice people who are enjoying the same sport. Our family never ate fish and I continue the tradition. Since I fly fish for trout mostly now and ice fish for perch by jigging  , I only keep perch and give the fillets away  to my many fishing eating friends. I do eat "poor man's shrimp" once in awhile.I still use my spin fishing gear on lakes and rivers for bass, pike and walleye or whatever swims. I too love the ocean fishing which is an even greater thrill mostly off New Jersey for strippers, weaks, blues and fluke.

trapper2000

« Reply #10 on: Jun 25, 2018, 07:28 PM »
I love  hearing  peoples  why I  fish or  why I hunt ,it's  who  we  are  and I  that stuffed  fluke  looks  great  bye the way i'll post  some  of my salt water  pictures I didn't think we  had many   people that  enjoyed the  salt  ......

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #11 on: Jun 25, 2018, 08:42 PM »
I love  hearing  peoples  why I  fish or  why I hunt ,it's  who  we  are  and I  that stuffed  fluke  looks  great  bye the way i'll post  some  of my salt water  pictures I didn't think we  had many   people that  enjoyed the  salt  ......

fluke is my game.

Wicked Wec

trapper2000

« Reply #12 on: Jun 25, 2018, 09:08 PM »
share  that recipe for the  stuffed  fluke :laugh:

bigal409

« Reply #13 on: Jun 26, 2018, 05:09 AM »
share  that recipe for the  stuffed  fluke :laugh:
Share the recipe? How about sharing dinner?  :rotflol: :rotflol:

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #14 on: Jun 26, 2018, 05:22 AM »
I thought it was something that you were suppose to do. Growing up on the lake we fished. Everyone in the family fished. I still remember my Grandmother rowing my Grandfather around in an old flat bottomed row boat.  My uncle had one of the first outboards on the lake after it was formed. Before the lake he trapped and fished the river and old swamps. My cousin has a picture of his father (my uncle) looking out of one of the windows of the covered bridge that crossed the river at Fish House.

I had 3 uncles on that side of the family. One rented cabins on the lake, one had a marina and the other one had a sports shop. What was I to do? I had to fish and hunt....h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.