FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: why i fish  (Read 5131 times)

filetandrelease

Re: why i fish
« Reply #30 on: Jun 30, 2018, 08:08 AM »

Low have Trapp some time tell you the story of those starving salmon , of him and KP in the upper fly zone , omg its great ,

lowaccord66

« Reply #31 on: Jun 30, 2018, 09:00 AM »
Sounds like an in person story Freddy.  Ill ask.  Taking a break today....out for stripers all night on the cape.  Cant wait.

filetandrelease

« Reply #32 on: Jun 30, 2018, 10:23 AM »

Good luck low and don’t forget the pics 👍🏻

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #33 on: Jun 30, 2018, 02:58 PM »
Why do  I breath air?   :o :o :o.   
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

lowaccord66

« Reply #34 on: Jun 30, 2018, 03:51 PM »
Good luck low and don’t forget the pics 👍🏻

You got it fred.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #35 on: Jun 30, 2018, 04:42 PM »
I heard a lot of big stripers  hit the  beaches  in  areas  good  luck low  .....  knock the  strips right off them bruts
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #36 on: Jul 04, 2018, 04:16 AM »
Yo Trap and H2,

To join the conversation, all I have to say is I was born in this house with the Oswego River in my back yard. My earliest memories are of Sunday afternoons , after church with the whole family spent on the back water bays off the river fishing for sunnies, gills, perch northerns, LM  bass, rocks ,catfish, gars , lings ad an occasional stupid turtle. There weren't many species I had not seen , or caught by the time I was 8 years old. My level of sophistication grew from hooks and old nuts and washers to Crazy Crawlers and Jitter Bugs. I can remember cashing in my 2 cent deposit bottles till I had enough money to buy another lure.

I can remember trying to find new coves along the rivers edge where the truant officer , Gene Thompson wouldn't be able to find me. Needless to say, I still managed an education, wise in all things that really mattered. Not to grind such a fine point, suffice it to say, reality struck, I found girls then a wife, then a job followed by children, all the time dragging me further away from my child hood passion.

As years passed on, my mother left me the house. Sure, I found time to  revisit the river banks, much less often, with my 5 kids and then grand kids but never with the same state of innocence and abandon I had appreciated as a child. It took another 50 years and a bout with stomach cancer to slow me down enough to take up a rod,  cash in a lot of them  now 5 cent deposit bottles and cans to buy a boat . a trailer , a shanty and all the trappings required to pursue that state of innocence I once enjoyed.

Now, it seems with time on my hands and a proclivity to pass this great pastime and pleasure on to my kids , grand kids and now great grand kids I have returned to that state of innocence and joy I mentioned earlier. Well Trap, I guess I didn't think about it much till your post triggered something in me to wax nostalgic as I often do. I hope you enjoy matching wits with dumb and smart fish as much as I do. I will be spending my Independence Day on the water, in a boat, with a pole in my hand, a son or daughter and maybe 2 grand kids , a cooler with enough food and drink to stop along the beach somewhere and enjoy my prodigious progeny. Happy 4th to all.

trapper2000

« Reply #37 on: Jul 04, 2018, 04:57 AM »
boggey  i'm glad the circle we call life brought you back  :D.... great story  thank you

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #38 on: Jul 04, 2018, 07:05 AM »
jboggey, great post. There is so much to be enjoyed from being sportsmen. Have a great 4th...h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #39 on: Jul 04, 2018, 09:28 AM »
That is a great post...I think Ill take my daughter fishing now.

trapper2000

« Reply #40 on: Jul 12, 2018, 03:45 PM »
I packed a fly rod on the bike and went for a ride the other day ,I got a warning  I better get the ole gal inspected ,my fault I forgot ,I hit one of my favorite streams  it was low  but a black cricket imitation  seemed to inspire a strike  now and then ..... a black and yellow foam bee patteren  rounded things off .....was a warm and relaxing day and with no waders  it was cool ...the ride back dried me off ...........it was a simple  relaxing day  and made me  happy just to be alive  enjoying myself ........yes Freddie  we fried em  ;D

Mac Attack

« Reply #41 on: Jul 12, 2018, 03:56 PM »
Yo Trap and H2,

To join the conversation, all I have to say is I was born in this house with the Oswego River in my back yard. My earliest memories are of Sunday afternoons , after church with the whole family spent on the back water bays off the river fishing for sunnies, gills, perch northerns, LM  bass, rocks ,catfish, gars , lings ad an occasional stupid turtle. There weren't many species I had not seen , or caught by the time I was 8 years old. My level of sophistication grew from hooks and old nuts and washers to Crazy Crawlers and Jitter Bugs. I can remember cashing in my 2 cent deposit bottles till I had enough money to buy another lure.

I can remember trying to find new coves along the rivers edge where the truant officer , Gene Thompson wouldn't be able to find me. Needless to say, I still managed an education, wise in all things that really mattered. Not to grind such a fine point, suffice it to say, reality struck, I found girls then a wife, then a job followed by children, all the time dragging me further away from my child hood passion.

As years passed on, my mother left me the house. Sure, I found time to  revisit the river banks, much less often, with my 5 kids and then grand kids but never with the same state of innocence and abandon I had appreciated as a child. It took another 50 years and a bout with stomach cancer to slow me down enough to take up a rod,  cash in a lot of them  now 5 cent deposit bottles and cans to buy a boat . a trailer , a shanty and all the trappings required to pursue that state of innocence I once enjoyed.

Now, it seems with time on my hands and a proclivity to pass this great pastime and pleasure on to my kids , grand kids and now great grand kids I have returned to that state of innocence and joy I mentioned earlier. Well Trap, I guess I didn't think about it much till your post triggered something in me to wax nostalgic as I often do. I hope you enjoy matching wits with dumb and smart fish as much as I do. I will be spending my Independence Day on the water, in a boat, with a pole in my hand, a son or daughter and maybe 2 grand kids , a cooler with enough food and drink to stop along the beach somewhere and enjoy my prodigious progeny. Happy 4th to all.

thanks

wallyworld

« Reply #42 on: Jul 13, 2018, 08:56 AM »
JBoggey....what a wonderful story  :thumbup_smilie:  thank you so much for sharing your journey with us  :bowdown:  may you enjoy many more years on the water  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.