stguy

Re: Hats??
« Reply #16 on: Jul 10, 2018, 04:45 AM »
Bought the koolsoly that’s for recommending it wore it today

Reviews??

Spider1

« Reply #17 on: Jul 10, 2018, 05:12 AM »
that koolsoly looks great, especially for that price. Give it a review!

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Jul 10, 2018, 06:38 AM »
I have something like this from Cabelas if I remember to bring it! It even has a clip in the back you clip to your shirt to prevent you from losing it in a stiff breeze.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishlessman

« Reply #19 on: Jul 10, 2018, 09:09 AM »
been wearing tilleys for maybe 25 years, they soak up a good amount of water and dont blow off your head with the front and back straps. needs to be one size larger as they sit on your head loosely.  they have replaced mine maybe 4 times now under the lifetime warranty. also have a light hemp tilley but prefer the regular duck cotton with an oversized brim

stguy

« Reply #20 on: Aug 08, 2018, 06:34 PM »
So after a couple failed attempts at having one of the Simms hats shipped, I stopped into the Trident fly fishing shop in Windham and they had one left.

I wore it today and was quite happy with it, it is very light and comfortable, I think it is just what I was looking for.

I looked at the Tilly's at Hamilton marine and the are also very nice but a bit heavier than the Simms, actually heavier than the one I have from cabellas. I'm sure it would outlast the Simms, and I would look much better in it but it's all about function.

Thanks everyone for the replies!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #21 on: Aug 08, 2018, 07:19 PM »

Icepick

« Reply #22 on: Aug 24, 2018, 10:03 PM »
been wearing tilleys for maybe 25 years, they soak up a good amount of water and dont blow off your head with the front and back straps. needs to be one size larger as they sit on your head loosely.  they have replaced mine maybe 4 times now under the lifetime warranty. also have a light hemp tilley but prefer the regular duck cotton with an oversized brim

X2  Love that hat.  Ears burn with caps and the cap with the neck flap was useless as that flap thing just blew around and looked ridiculous on me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.