FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kayaks fishing in the channel.  (Read 609 times)

Knot there yet

Kayaks fishing in the channel.
« on: Jul 16, 2018, 06:33 AM »
 In Boston harbor Saturday 1100’ cargo ship come on radio asking coast guard to clear kayak from shipping lane. Their response was for ship to blow horns.
 I hear it from all my friends with boats “you guys in the kayaks got to stay out the channel”. They think I know everyone that kayaks. Squeezing big boats in already tight channels is bad seamanship. They can’t stop or spin on a dime. So can we all get along. Bring common sense with you out there.
 No rule says you can’t fish the channel but move over and give boaters room.
 I responded to captain of cargo ship from my kayak. He was blown away I had a radio. But I was to far away from other kayakers to help him.
  I heard that horn tho.
  One buddy and I have radios.my other buddy says he doesn’t need one. I don’t like taking the phone out all the time. So he’s always gotta watch us to see if we’re in the fish. You go to sea you should have a radio. JS.

Baitbucket

Re: Kayaks fishing in the channel.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2018, 07:18 AM »
Oddly enough, i alway thought it was illegal to fish in the channel. Maybe that was just my brain telling me its not a very smart place to be lol..

And I agree; GPS, PFD, and a Radio are MUST haves on a kayak. Be a mile out and have a fog roll in with no GPS and you'll learn why real quick..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.