FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Am I the only one fishing in NH anymore?  (Read 5224 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Am I the only one fishing in NH anymore?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 06, 2018, 01:10 PM »
That's for sure. I'm really hoping FB self destructs at some point.

Id hope but it will not...people are psychologically addicted to it...

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #16 on: Aug 06, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Let them stay there. I like this core group anyways LOL
Wicked Wec

Swampking89

« Reply #17 on: Aug 10, 2018, 05:58 PM »
This is where you can talk to sportsman not just people blowing their own horn.If you get skunked,so be it.its not all about bragging about the biggen you caught.we all know we have our days,hot or cold,but still chatting about it is all good!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #18 on: Aug 11, 2018, 05:56 AM »
Id hope but it will not...people are psychologically addicted to it...
So true just like the cell phones that have been permanently glued to their palms , Its an addiction
  I skip through most of the topics , I enjoy hearing about other people and places , and pics of any kind are a bonus

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Aug 11, 2018, 06:40 AM »
So true just like the cell phones that have been permanently glued to their palms , Its an addiction
  I skip through most of the topics , I enjoy hearing about other people and places , and pics of any kind are a bonus

It was science fiction but I keep thinking of this episode of Star Trek when I see these people glued to their cell phones.

I don't have one -- yet.  Borrowed one during my vacation from relatives as they wanted me to keep in touch on a regular basis. I must be the last person on earth without a cell phone!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

filetandrelease

« Reply #20 on: Aug 11, 2018, 07:43 AM »

Taxid so true ,about Star Trek ,
 Anyway I do have one (cell phone) for many reasons ,1 is  I still wander off by myself to fish soft and hard water so I check in twice a day,where I’m at and on my way home ,and I can be tracked if I happen to stroke out ,  it’s handy for weather reports , , plus other things like gps ,compass , and of course I have several stores when sales pop I get the message , and plus saves carrying a camera around
And of course these sites ,
  Sorry about the short hyjack 

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Aug 21, 2018, 03:17 PM »
Hijack? Where?  ;D

I hear you on the advantages but you can't deny people are hooked to them as you said.

Remember when getting a first car was a right of passage for us? I read getting your first cell phone is has taken it's place.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #22 on: Aug 21, 2018, 03:24 PM »
Hijack? Where?  ;D

I hear you on the advantages but you can't deny people are hooked to them as you said.

Remember when getting a first car was a right of passage for us? I read getting your first cell phone is has taken it's place.

That's because in general, these days a cell phone CAN get you where a car used to and can do many things faster than the old days. For example you need a ride, Uber. You want the weather, in your hands weather.com. You need a map, google. etc etc etc. Most people do not know how to function these days without a cell phone. You cant blame them its just the world they were brought into. What I can do is control the exposure my kid gets.
Wicked Wec

filetandrelease

« Reply #23 on: Aug 21, 2018, 03:31 PM »
Omg my first set of wheels was a motorcycle lol , first year I road the bike in the winter ,  by the end of the next fall I had 2 doors and a heater lmao , your right wheels back then phones now 
  No Uber here lol
Jethro you and the rest post up some stories of your outings and I enjoy the pics !!!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #24 on: Aug 22, 2018, 07:57 AM »
Hijack? Where?  ;D

My nephew who is 8 was crying when his father denied him a cell phone for being to young. He cried at me and said, "How old were you when you got your first cell phone?" I told him I was 32 years old when I got one and he cried even louder.

filetandrelease

« Reply #25 on: Aug 22, 2018, 08:05 AM »
Lmao
Holy crap jethro how come you were aloud 1 at such a young age ,wish I could have gotten one so young ,

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #26 on: Aug 22, 2018, 08:21 AM »
My nephew who is 8 was crying when his father denied him a cell phone for being to young. He cried at me and said, "How old were you when you got your first cell phone?" I told him I was 32 years old when I got one and he cried even louder.

Lol, bully! Funny.... :P

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #27 on: Aug 22, 2018, 08:54 AM »

LMFAO. Atta boy.
Wicked Wec

swnoel

« Reply #28 on: Aug 22, 2018, 02:47 PM »

Good thing he didn't ask me... I was 55 and can only assume he would have stopped breathing!

taxid

« Reply #29 on: Aug 22, 2018, 10:46 PM »
Hell like I said I don't have one yet and I'm going on 61!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.