FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: animated avatars  (Read 3489 times)

grumpymoe

animated avatars
« on: Mar 26, 2004, 03:06 PM »
there's alot of really cool avatars on iceshanty, here and other sites...where is a good site to get some animated versions???? grump

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
Re: animated avatars
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2004, 04:12 PM »
good topic, i have a cool one that i would like to use but dont know how to replace the walleye for this one. and if it has to have a web address to link it too, it doesnt???...hmmmmmmmmm

Cider

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2004, 09:29 PM »
Oak - you need to open up an account on photobucket.com and save the avatar pic to a photo album that you create.  Then under the picuture you will see three options: IMG URL and TAG.  For your avatar you want to copy the URL information and paste it into the personalized custom photo on your profile page for MFF or IS.

Sounds scary, but it is easy...

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2004, 10:22 AM »
will that work for moving avitars too?

fozsey

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2004, 11:36 AM »
will that work for moving avitars too?

Yes. Depending the file type of the avaitor you are trying to use the three tags may not work here. Typically animated pictures are .gif and will work, but if you have problems with it try a couple of things. First make sure the pic is sized small enough that it will be accepted here. If you need to resize it use the edit button in photobucket and reduce it by 25% to start. If you go through the resizing and it still won't work try right clicking on the pic on the display page and click properties. A new menu will come up giving you the tech info on the pic. Highlight the complete URL address and use that to link to your pic. This will usually work if the pic is small enough.

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2004, 01:12 PM »
cool, thanks for the photobucket tip... it works! ;D

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2004, 08:39 PM »
there's alot of really cool avatars on iceshanty, here and other sites...where is a good site to get some animated versions???? grump

grumpymoe,

I visit a few forums of different sorts, and when I see a cool avatar, I just steal it and use if for me! ;D
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2004, 06:09 AM »
Oh so now the truth comes out Van. all along we thought those cool avatars were your girlfriends. HaHa!!!

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2004, 12:58 PM »
Oh so now the truth comes out Van. all along we thought those cool avatars were your girlfriends. HaHa!!!

HIMO

and as you can see HIMO what the last girlfriend gave me from my current avatar. ;)
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2004, 01:51 PM »
I have heard about such things but never actually saw one till now. thanks for the heads up. HAHA!!!

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

fozsey

« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2004, 09:12 AM »

HIMO

and as you can see HIMO what the last girlfriend gave me from my current avatar. ;)

Oooooooooooooooooooo la la :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.