FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Most Memorable Post...so far  (Read 7342 times)

TroutFishingBear

Re: Most Memorable Post.....so far
« Reply #45 on: Jul 06, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Slander you TFB ??? . When ??? . You like to slander us by saying this . A 10.5 inch gill does not make a 13 so where is this proof ??? . I have seen other pics of your gills but can't verify they were 13's and didn't see the 3 and a half pounder you claim . Now I wouldn't even have bothered about it but you constantly like to make mention of your skeptics in your posts . Those threads your referring to are even old and would have been forgotten if not mentioned again by you . Let it go or get the pics up with the 13's of which you claim there are many . A 10,11 or even a 12 and3/4 will not cut it . I prefer to move on and wish you would, without referring to ancient news like you have been wronged and picked on . The tale of the tape is all we ask .

TD
Lol. But trapper, I DO let it go. Its when someone brings it up again. Use your brain please for a minute and read this post all the way through. See who brought it up first in this thread? See who brought it up first in other threads. There are only 3 threads I have brought it up in, 2 in the bluegill forum and 1 in the picture forum. If you read this thread you will see who brought it up. I definitely have been wronged here and I feel the mods definitely are being unfair letting this go on. I definitely feel it is a predjudiced issue based mostly ON MY AGE. If someone 40 years old said this it wouldn't be going on right now. I'm through here.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #46 on: Jul 06, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Mine would have to be a post from a young boy that claims to fish a lake that has bluegill that AVERAGE 13 inches.  So that means when he posts what looks like 10 inch bluegills, he must catch a 16 inch bluegill to keep that average at 13 inches.  However, not once have we seen a monster bluegill with a tape measure in the picture.  I get a kick out of it because this young boy to this day still claims the bluegill are on average 13 inches after having been called out by several people.

in TFB's defense this was the first post in this thread refering to the bluegills. any of us who have been around for a little while have seen this issue beat to death. countless arguments, debates and yes even slanderous remarks have stemmed from this (at the time) kids claims. maybe they are true, maybe they are not but at this point in the game i dont think it really matters. if TFB was indeed exaggerating...he was 15 or 16 at the time and for a group of grown men to keep busting his berries over it is truly ridiculous. he obviously doesnt have a picture of a thirteen inch gill or it would have been posted.  i think we are all guilty of exaggerating our catch from time to time but to harp on this guy over and over is even more adolescent than what you are accusing him of!!  for goodness sake lets let this issue REST!! as a member, as a moderator, as a fisherman, as anyone who can read, please lets not have this ridiculous argument any more. if it could be won by anyone it would have already.    ???
Scotty 

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #47 on: Jul 06, 2005, 08:34 PM »
Incidently there Desperado, I won 10,000$$$ and a quad 2 years prior with my "Ancient Chinese Secret". But you guys thought I was BSing. :blink:

This entire thread (and all the threads it harkens back to) is proof of how completely intertwined and inseparable are the activities of "ice fishing" and "BS'ing" !

Thought I might try and lighten this up a bit. Sorry I have no pics of the quad I won because I sold it right after winning it, but here is my $$$ pic. I'm on the left.
[/img]

And yes I did win with human feces balls ;D. 9lb burbot.

I'm guilty of exaggerating the size of things, I was worse when I was younger . When we get older and wiser though, we finally put a tape up to it and realize the rod we thought we had is not what we thought it was :w00t: Or else it shrunk over the years. ??? ??? ???

Thanks to everyone for making this a fun site. Keep up the great posts.

devil-man

« Reply #48 on: Jul 06, 2005, 08:52 PM »
I'm guilty of exaggerating the size of things, I was worse when I was younger . When we get older and wiser though, we finally put a tape up to it and realize the rod we thought we had is not what we thought it was :w00t: Or else it shrunk over the years. ??? ??? ???

Now THAT is funny! How much has it shrunk?
I'm sorry to hear that.  ;)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #49 on: Jul 06, 2005, 09:00 PM »
8 inches, now its half of what it used to be :w00t:

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #50 on: Jul 08, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Does anybody remember Fatboys post at shanty on a bubblehead fishing close to him . He did quite a drawing too that had many of us p!ssing ourselves laughing . ??? ;D Poor Fatboy was sooooo frustrated . ROTFLMAO . ;D

TD

OMG and I just about forgot about that stuff too! 

Hey, I was thinking that this thread was about the thread that we posted ourselves that we think is the most memorable, is that true?  If so, then all of mine are...(kidding).  I think my favorite one that I posted is the following one:  My Favorite Lake and Me

Now, about the threads that others have posted that I think are memorable:
--Fishermanjakes:  extensive burbot cleaning instructions(20 pictures)
--Scotts:  This Ice is Melting
--And my brother (Otter) who slandered me on this one:  The Wrath of Fat Boy

There are so many good ones from everyone that I really have enjoyed, too many to mention, that keep me coming back time and again.

--------------------------------

Now, about TFB, there are a lot of great posts on here and so much fun on here to get all riled up about something so silly as pride.  So friggin' what if people don't believe your posts?  You said that some do, those that fish with you, so that's good enough for you, right?  And, about the 13" gills, next time you get one take a pic with a tape measure and post it, and you'll have a lot of folks taking back what they've said.  Now, in the mean time catch a bunch of 10-13" gills, post pics, reports, threads and enjoy yourself.  So set up your account again and come back and enjoy this site.

Now, for everyone else.  This is the friggin' internet.  This ain't real life!  It is supposed to be fun so if someone wants to toot their horn, so friggin what?  There are a lot of pics on these forums where people guestimate sizes and for what it's worth, unless they are weighed and measured, often those guesses aren't correct, sometimes they are, but so friggin' what?  If someone has a pic of a nice fish I'd rather see the pic than read the caption anyway!  Lot's of folks do it, good anglers too, so my point is....so friggin' what?  If so and so posts a nice fishing pic that I like to enjoy looking at on my lunch hour at work instead of the pile of paper awaiting me and then says it's a certain size even though you have no way to tell in the pic, I really could care less what the size really is as long as I enjoy the pic!  Big friggin' deal, who cares what the real size is?  The only time it should matter on these forums is when there is some sort of derby or contest, then, yes, we have issues to deal with.  But come on folks, let us all enjoy the site, each others posts and pics.  And as far as having it out with other members on truth or not, who friggin cares?  Sometimes I'd rather read a good fishing fictional story than a truthful boring one with pictures of average size fish (actually, I enjoy seeing those to...anything to keep my mind on fishing, LOL).

OK, I ain't gonna post on this negativity again.  Grump, this is a great thread, sorry it has been hijacked so much (including me).

buzzbomb

One of the old Grumpymoe posts on IS about how everybody keeps on bugging him and all he wants to do is get out of the house and do some fishing....lists "Knick-knacks holding up traffic and knick-knacks asking stupid questions and on and on and on.  I still smile when I think of it - even when he got out there, there were "knick-knacks banging on the door of his shack asking if he was catching anything! :laugh:

crappie66

• BOILER UP
Re: Most Memorable Post...so far
« Reply #52 on: Jul 09, 2005, 12:41 AM »
TFB, there is no reason to cancel your account.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.