FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hilton Park, Dover - Boat Launch  (Read 1329 times)

ericbres

Hilton Park, Dover - Boat Launch
« on: Aug 04, 2018, 09:20 AM »
Long story (and many dollars) short ... finally got the boat almost running properly (re: post from 2017 where I couldn't keep the darn thing running) and am ready to finally drop it in the water for some striper fishing.

Does anyone have any info regarding the boat launch at Hilton Park in Dover?
Due to my still sporadic stalling issue while pulling up to dock/ramps, I want to stay away from the Eliot boat launch. Last time I was there, last year, we stalled pulling in and the current smacked the front of the boat into the pier pretty darn hard - adding to my financial woes with this boat.
I'm told there is a "rock" off the launch in Hilton Park - is this true? And is it easily avoidable? Would like to keep from damaging the brand new prop.
And is the launch suitable for a 20' center console? I've only really seen smaller boats scoot out from there.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully, if I can keep the boat running, I'll have some pics/stories to share in the coming weeks.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
Re: Hilton Park, Dover - Boat Launch
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2018, 03:26 PM »
Hilton Park is a "some times" launch. You have to watch the tides.
Personally, I wouldn't put a 20' CC in there.

burgerunh

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2018, 06:20 AM »
I would say that yes it is possible to launch a 20’ cc there.  However the launch is not great and there is no dock there.  I would recommend against it.

MikeF-NH

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2018, 07:51 AM »
I launched out of there years ago with my 16 ft tin boat and dinged the rock on the way back in. There is a lot of current in the area as Great and little bay dump into the Piscataqua there. I preferred to spend a few dollars to launch at a marina (forget the name and don't know if they still do fee launches) that was on the other side of the river and the other side of the bridges from Hilton on the Greenland shoreline. The launch was great and it was out of the current. Also launched at Pierce island downriver for a fee a few times. Gets tough there at low tide also. Adams point has a free launch but again, low tide makes it rough in there.

ericbres

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2018, 09:00 AM »
Ended up talking w the good folks at Suds and Soda ... got the same advise as here, it's a "sometimes" launch, sometimes being ONLY at the highest of tide. So no thanks.

He recommended the same marina I think you are talking about MikeF - Great Bay Marina. It's $30, but I'd have to pay $20 over in Maine anyway. It's closer and as you said, completely out of current. Plus, its literally right at where we want to fish.

swnoel

« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2018, 04:55 AM »
It's sad NH has no good launches... maybe NH should allow Maine to run the launches. Even the dock which many used for fishing was removed at Hilton Park and never replaced.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.