FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42405 times)

jperch

Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #255 on: Jun 30, 2022, 06:43 AM »

"Last spring we wanted to hire a guy who brings his border collies out to the course 5 days a week to chase the geese away  before they nest. The new owners didn’t want to do that then. After seeing the results, I’ll bet they let us do that next year."

I work on a college campus and we have the problem with geese.  Years ago we tried hiring someone with dogs to try to chase them away.  Unfortunately, it didn't work well.  The geese would take off, circle around, then land on another part of campus.  What a mess.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #256 on: Jun 30, 2022, 08:01 AM »
Yeah..feathered rats I say!

Back in he 90’s the club was still private and could get nuisance permits to dispose of them. The groundskeeper would take his 10 gauge and a golf cart and take them out 5 or 6 at a time. Can’t do that now since all the houses have surrounded the course. Can’t hunt them either. All of the Gananda development ( which the course is part of)  is designated forever wild.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #257 on: Jul 01, 2022, 12:28 PM »
And the sun rises over a gooseless golf course.

Made me very happy.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #258 on: Jul 01, 2022, 03:46 PM »
That’s a pretty sight….
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #259 on: Jul 01, 2022, 04:52 PM »
You ain’t kidding Dom. What a way to make a few extra bucks. Love this course.

When it cools off I’ll play more golf.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #260 on: Jul 01, 2022, 05:01 PM »
My son …repairing a major main line blowout on the irrigation system.

Repaired. Sure am proud of my Son.he’s a hard working  SOB.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #261 on: Jul 01, 2022, 05:54 PM »
Chip off the old block..    :clapping: :clapping:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #262 on: Jul 01, 2022, 07:40 PM »
That's for sure!!!

Mac Attack

« Reply #263 on: Jul 01, 2022, 10:24 PM »
 :clapping:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #264 on: Jul 07, 2022, 12:34 PM »
My Son and I got out on the course for 18 this morning. Teed off at 7:05. Played 18 for the first time in years.

Bumped into the Super a couple of times. He wanted to talk work….we were golfing. He was on 11 messing with the irrigation heads and valves with water running when we got to the tee. I bombed a 3 wood about 10’ from his cart . He was  20 yards away. Then I proceeded to drop a 7 iron shot on the green.

Man, that was a lot of fun. Playing our course with my Son that is.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #265 on: Jul 09, 2022, 01:52 PM »
Our crew does a great job on Fairways.

Can’t believe how good they look this year. Last super let them burn to a crisp by now.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #266 on: Jul 13, 2022, 04:02 PM »
Yet another beautiful morning at the “Office”

What a great way to be a part of something.

Playing tomorrow with my Son. It’ll be fun for sure.

Bartman44

« Reply #267 on: Jul 13, 2022, 08:01 PM »
Nice pre-sunrise shot. The birds get me up very early every morning.

It's great that you are able to share something with your son.

I'm lucky, my sons are close. I was able to get out and play 18 a few weeks ago with both my sons. There was a time when they were young when I could beat them but they've become too good at the game.  I watched them battle it out right until the end but my oldest nailed his approach shot on 18 and took the match. I was a distant 3rd. Fun to be with them though.   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #268 on: Jul 14, 2022, 03:54 AM »
Yeah, I used to be able to keep up with Rob, but I have your basic “Old Man Swing “ now. He out drives me by 100 yards now. But, we play for fun.

We have 2 rules:
No work talk
No score cards

It’s really nice that the pro shop lets us play whenever we want. In fact they’re always bugging us to play more. They appreciate the good work we’re doing to revive this course after many years of neglect. Players are constantly coming up to us saying how great the course is. We tell them just wait…..it’s going to get a whole lot better.

We’ve got a good crew and a good leader.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #269 on: Jul 24, 2022, 12:42 PM »
And another day dawns…

That was Friday. Started in the dark at 4:30 this morning. “Hurricane Junior Tour” tournament this weekend. Shotgun start at 7:30 am today. This group were real jerks. Most unfriendly, demanding group I’ve seen. Small wonder the other local courses refuse to host their event.

Sure puts a positive light on our members. They’re a great bunch. Always friendly, quick to compliment and slow to complain.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.