FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Deep fryer  (Read 4674 times)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Re: Deep fryer
« Reply #30 on: Jul 31, 2006, 05:32 PM »
I asked my mom about the flashpoint of lard, she said it wasn't any lower than anything else. She said it would smoke and stink your whole house out if you got it too hot though. When she was young, sometimes all they had to eat was salt and lard sandwiches, so she wont allow any of it in her house. She said that the smell of lard, (unoffensive to most people) turns her stomach. She said I wouldn't understand unless I was starving and that was all there was to eat for a couple days. :sick:

hunters08

« Reply #31 on: Jul 31, 2006, 08:15 PM »
wow
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #32 on: Sep 11, 2006, 07:07 PM »
Well....

I bought a pound of lard and I was going fry some fresh fish in it like Grump recommended. NO FRIGGIN WAY MAN!!! It smells like pigs!! No kidding, my house smells like pigs!!! I know what pigs smell like, This stuff smells like pigs!!!! Pork does not smell like this!!! Did I get a bad batch? ??? :sick:

grumpymoe

« Reply #33 on: Sep 11, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Uh.....you got a bad pound or two of lard....it should have no odor whatsoever....probably turned rancid....Grump

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #34 on: Sep 11, 2006, 07:17 PM »
It went out the door!!!

I will try once more, this time I will stick my nose directly into it to detect any off odor. First, I thought the smell was my pig essence on my clothes from work, thats how bad it was!!! :sick:

Thanks for your responce. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.