FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Request For Information - Winnipeg, Manitoba Area  (Read 805 times)

SleePac

Request For Information - Winnipeg, Manitoba Area
« on: Jul 14, 2007, 07:32 AM »
I've recently accepted a new position with a company based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba.  I work out of a satellite office here in Metro Detroit.  It's looking like I will be traveling to Winnipeg on a regular basis.  Maybe around 4 or 5 times a year.

I'd like to get some of your thoughts on guides in the area that are not too far of a drive from the Winnipeg airport.  Also, guides that have all of the gear readily available for a good outing.  Which body of water should I target?  How much is a weekend fishing license for someone from the states?

I'd be looking to do this in both open water and hard water seasons.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you all can offer.

Andy

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Re: Request For Information - Winnipeg, Manitoba Area
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2007, 05:39 PM »
You might want to post here  http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?board=106.0   and you will probably get a better response ;D

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2007, 10:30 PM »
Sheesh Terry...like we never check in here?

Welcome Sleepac to a wonderful part of the world.  First of all, the government site is at http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/fish/index.html -  on there is a link to a PDF of the fishing synopsis.  An annual non-resident license is $28.04 for the conservation license or $51.40 for the full license. 

As for guides, it depends what you want to try for.  In this area, we are something of a channel catfish mecca with plenty of fish in the 3' long range.  For them, you want to check out http://www.catsonthered.net/.  Stu is a class act.  They're half an hour or 45 minutes from the airport.

Of course, if you wanted to get out, give us some lead time as to when you are going to be around and perhaps some of us locals could just take you fishing.  We have some decent fishing on the rivers even in the city from shore or in a boat...there's pike, walleye, smallmouth, and crappie action to be had within 1.5 to 2 hours drive of the city.

I hope this answers some of your questions...I haven't made it to Detroit, but I spent some time in Flint for the Buick Centennial in 2003.
Derek

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2007, 01:55 PM »
Sheesh Terry...like we never check in here?

You and a couple others would have caught it here....but more in Toba. Just trying to give him more bang for his post ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.