FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Electric Knives- Question?  (Read 5058 times)

minnowguy

Re: Electric Knives- Question?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 15, 2009, 07:14 PM »
There are some good vidio's on youtube you can watch that will help you out. I leave the the skin attached to the fish also until I get the meat off. {most of the time anyways thats the plan}

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #31 on: Jul 16, 2009, 01:23 PM »
Wally World, of course!   Check it out!  I saw one yesterday here at the local Wal-Mart as a matter of fact.

I think they are like 17 bucks usually, but they have the sweet red sticker on them- marked down to $11!

Maybe they even have them online?  Good luck!
I searched everywhere for them last year with no luck, but you are right, Wally World has 'em online which means they will be carrying them in stores again. Cool!! If someday mine does wear out, I'll have at least one back up!! Thanks. Cheeks out!!!! 8)

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #32 on: Jul 16, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Yeah- I am no expert on electric knives, but if the $11 one works as well as the $50 one than woo hoo!

Mine has lasted all through the ice fishing season (wailed on panfish) and all open water season so far with zero problems and complaints.  Most of my fishing buddies have the same model and like it too.

Chalk one up for the cheap model, I guess!  I, for one, sure can't drop a bunch of dough on a fillet knife.

But one this cheap pretty much pays for itself the first time you eat some fried fish, you know?
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #33 on: Jul 19, 2009, 06:32 PM »
Yeah- I am no expert on electric knives, but if the $11 one works as well as the $50 one than woo hoo!

Mine has lasted all through the ice fishing season (wailed on panfish) and all open water season so far with zero problems and complaints.  Most of my fishing buddies have the same model and like it too.

Chalk one up for the cheap model, I guess!  I, for one, sure can't drop a bunch of dough on a fillet knife.

But one this cheap pretty much pays for itself the first time you eat some fried fish, you know?
You got that right Jimmy!! Like I said , 5 years open water and ice and still going strong!! Get the narrow shark blade replacements. They rock!!! Cheeks out!!! 8)

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #34 on: Jul 19, 2009, 08:10 PM »
Alright guys. I busted out a cheap electric carving knife I had kicking around the garage. I was shocked at how well the big serrated blade worked. I had 30 gills and perch battered and in oil, gut mess cleaned up in less than an hour. My only issue was the blood and scales that got thrown all over the kitchen. Can I get a universal fillet blade somewhere for this thing? I'd imagine a different blade would cut down on the mess. Way stoked with how well it worked. 'Ol lady... Not so stoked
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

princecraft

« Reply #35 on: Jul 22, 2009, 10:54 AM »
Hmmmmmn............I use an electric knife all the time and never been bothered with fish scales flying all over the place.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.