FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Has anyone used a colored camera ice fishing  (Read 801 times)

Mikefix

Has anyone used a colored camera ice fishing
« on: Feb 12, 2011, 07:26 AM »
I tried two differtent brands of colored cameras ice fishing and they don't work . As you go deeper they blacken out. I'm back to black and white for now . Any suggestions

esox v

Re: Has anyone used a colored camera ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2011, 09:29 AM »
I tried two differtent brands of colored cameras ice fishing and they don't work . As you go deeper they blacken out. I'm back to black and white for now . Any suggestions
Even the clearest water serves as a powerful color filter. Natural full spectrum images can be taken only with available light ...in very shallow depths.  To restore color underwater you must use artificial light.  the small one provided by your camera will have little or no effect . It just doesn't provide enough light.
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

boatnik13

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2011, 08:13 PM »
reading the fine print on a marcum it states that color will be good in shallow water but you will need to switch back to Bk/W going deep. Now I started with Bk/W aqua-vu  and I'm used to not having color and this new color view today has no depth apparently but you pay $$$ for colorview you can't get.

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2011, 01:27 PM »
esox is correct...as you go deeper, all colors will soon disappear with red being the first at approx a few meters.
    A Country Boy can Survive!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.